Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA #2 (under construction May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1657189970802.png

Who need roads? They built the second Santa Nella with no roads, just a big flat dirt field. Same with the second Harris Ranch site. It actually allows them to build faster since they dont have to worry about cutting concrete or asphalt. Just trench where it is most efficient and go.

Thanks for the pics! Looks like they may have paused this one to build out the site across the street and will move back to this one now that that one is done.

Who need roads? They built the second Santa Nella with no roads, just a big flat dirt field. Same with the second Harris Ranch site. It actually allows them to build faster since they dont have to worry about cutting concrete or asphalt. Just trench where it is most efficient and go.

Thanks for the pics! Looks like they may have paused this one to build out the site across the street and will move back to this one now that that one is done.
This is an active site with a hotel going in, gas station, class 8 truck car wash so I really doubt Tesla would try and get the site energized with so much going on around the site. Also there isn't SCE infrastructure in the streets which will need to be installed for Tesla to connect to. I really expect to see Tesla continue after the roads have been complete but it all depends on how fast the developer wants to continue to move.

I will keep an eye on the progress every month or so.

Reactions: Joell and mociaf9
Interesting link for the property adjacent to the hotel. You can see the Superchargers in the renderings as part of the Comfort Inn property. Counting spots on the plan map that match the renderings shows 28 stalls. The initial renderings show 24 stalls but also do not have equipment int he drawings and the current pad has conduit for 5 cabinets and a Megapack. They could always add more but seem likes equipment pad doesnt fit that. They also have the new chargers across the street so maybe revised these initial plans.
1661825719204.png

1661825766207.png

1661825816842.png

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
When will a supercharger be installed off of Hwy 99 Delano or Bakersfield? This will complete charging infrastructure off of Hwy 99.

I saw on this site that there is a planned Supercharger at Famoso on the east side of 99 near the Valero station. I drove past on Wednesday, and there was no activity.

There is also a planned Supercharger at 4200 California St. in Bakersfield near the movie theater. Again, no construction activity.

I did not look at the "Find Us" map to see when these were slated to open. My guess for Bakersfield would be in time for summer travel. But that is a guess.

This location popped up in my Nav today as I was checking out a route. And it is listed on Tesla's Find Us page. This helps to fill in the gap along the 99.

Bakersfield also shows up in the Find Us map.
you sure it’s not the one across the street that’s been active for a week or so?

you sure it’s not the one across the street that’s been active for a week or so?

Right you are. I clicked on the first “Visalia” thread from my search, and scrolled past to see “Betty Dr” in a post. I figured I was in the right thread. Thanks for clarifying!

Reactions: 1100MCM