Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA #2 (under construction May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Passed by Visalia again (my previous visit was April)... This is the state of the development on Betty Dr. No change at all except for the grass being cut for fire season.

IMG_20210612_143716__01.jpg

Passed by Visalia again (my previous visit was April)... This is the state of the development on Betty Dr. No change at all except for the grass being cut for fire season.

View attachment 679187
I was tempted to give you a big "thumbs down" for your disappointing post, but decided to be polite and give you an "informative" instead.
I guess realistically we will not see a supercharger here for at least a year, probably much longer. By then, V4 superchargers will be out, charging our cars in 10 minutes flat. I can dream, can't I?

They put one in the middle of nowhere outside Bakersfield so maybe they’ll do the SC first and build the hotel around it…

Unfortunately I do not think so for this location as SCE would need to install the underground infrastructure heading into the commercial development before in order for Tesla to connect to the right equipment on SCE side I believe Tesla is going to have to wait for this Developer to get their act together and begin building. I do not think the commercial developments need to be 100% complete but roads and curb etc need to be complete and SCE needs to put in their underground system before Tesla can attach on.

Unfortunately I do not think so for this location as SCE would need to install the underground infrastructure heading into the commercial development before in order for Tesla to connect to the right equipment on SCE side I believe Tesla is going to have to wait for this Developer to get their act together and begin building. I do not think the commercial developments need to be 100% complete but roads and curb etc need to be complete and SCE needs to put in their underground system before Tesla can attach on.
The better solution would be for Tesla to just find another location. Get that up and running now, and add this one, maybe, in a few years when they can.

They already did, Traver.
I am bringing this thread back up, as I live near Visalia and keep hoping for an update. There is supposed to be new superchargers added to a new Visalia Target shopping center (was supposed to be Q1 of 2022, but I doubt that's going to happen).

With the Traver Tesla superchargers just 7 miles north of the 198/99 interchange, I doubt Tesla would put another bank of superchargers anywhere near the 198/99. In the actual city of Visalia, off Mooney Blvd somewhere, would be more appropriate.

Hopefully, we get something in 2022.

Straight from Tesla's site
The word "Target" here doesn't refer to the retailer. It's simply indicating the targeted date for the site's opening. (You're in good company to find the wording confusing.) Also note that the locations for upcoming sites on Tesla's map are very approximate, so the pin could represent a site anywhere in the Visalia area. Given the lack of any visible progress on the Betty Dr location and the Q1 target completion date, it's possible there is a different site in the works. Or it could just be an optimistic estimate for the known site.

• Funny
Reactions: oktane
With the Traver Tesla superchargers just 7 miles north of the 198/99 interchange, I doubt Tesla would put another bank of superchargers anywhere near the 198/99.
Tesla is currently constructing a THIRD supercharger less than four miles away from the two existing supercharger sites along SR99 in Northwest Fresno, so I don’t think proximity to another site rules anything out these days.

I personally live pretty close to the area and once we know that some type of construction has begun I will most likely be out there every so often to taken pictures of the progress.

A few years ago I was told there was a Target site in Tulare that Tesla was investigating but they decided to drop that site as this new site in Visalia is moving forward.

I do have a feeling that we should start to see some physical progress at this site here pretty soon.

Maybe not, but apparently Tesla has already installed a Megapack onsite, at least that's what a recent permit filing says

While it shows as complete, there is no issue date. In the description it says existing Tesla Supercharger station. There is no "existing" station at this location. So this is probably for the Traver Supercharger.
1642699111886.png

I believe the listing you found is for the online permit application (the OPA prefix in the Permit number) which is in fact complete. But then it goes into the actual permitting process. Again, not sure why they are classifying this as an existing Supercharger location. Unless someone can drive by and show that this is no longer an empty lot that needs a lot of infrastructure work on top of build out of the rest of the site, I think this is just amending the existing permit to add a Megapack when the SC is actually built.

DAF91E2E-A1F8-4A03-A483-319393BAE6B7.jpeg