Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA (Valley Fuel Travel Center, LIVE 15 Oct 2022, 19 v3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the site is active it should show up on nav. Car will know and will route accordingly.
Thank you!
So I just did my trip from pasadena to lodgepole sequoia. Had some mileage anxiety. Lol. I have a Model Y long range. Charged 100% before trip. Tesla had me do a mini charge so I can make it to traver . Drove my usual 80-85 mph with hitch/mtb bike on to traver. After 100% charge at traver I was worried about the trip up to lodgepole campgrounds so I was driving 50 mph or less. Got to campground with 51% battery. Going up the mtn with no AC on eats battery quick. After 2 days of car parked I came down mtn. Regenerative braking brought battery from 51% to 60% by the time I made it down the mtn… amazing. I didn’t want to backtrack that extra 30-40 RT to traver again so tried my luck at heading south instead of detouring. I ended up having to hit a Bakerfield 75 SC to give me enough juice to get to tejon 250 SC. Made it home from there going back to driving 80mph. It can be done. Visilia supercharger will be game changer.

Thank you!
So I just did my trip from pasadena to lodgepole sequoia. Had some mileage anxiety. Lol. I have a Model Y long range. Charged 100% before trip. Tesla had me do a mini charge so I can make it to traver . Drove my usual 80-85 mph with hitch/mtb bike on to traver. After 100% charge at traver I was worried about the trip up to lodgepole campgrounds so I was driving 50 mph or less. Got to campground with 51% battery. Going up the mtn with no AC on eats battery quick. After 2 days of car parked I came down mtn. Regenerative braking brought battery from 51% to 60% by the time I made it down the mtn… amazing. I didn’t want to backtrack that extra 30-40 RT to traver again so tried my luck at heading south instead of detouring. I ended up having to hit a Bakerfield 75 SC to give me enough juice to get to tejon 250 SC. Made it home from there going back to driving 80mph. It can be done. Visilia supercharger will be game changer.
Im glad you made it to the park. I drive a model s 2015 with 245k on the odo with 200 max miles I've gotten to superchargers with 1 mile left now that is range anxiety 😅

Wow. 1 mile!? Strong work! Lol. Also really awesome you have 245k on Tesla and still going strong!
My wife and I missed a turn at had to backtrack to Harris Ranch a few years ago. Arrived with 0 miles remaining. Had a similar experience from Fishcamp to Tejon with just a few miles left. Now we play it a bit safer!

Also, as a tip for DeLaCruz, I never, ever charge to 100% on a road trip, even before leaving the house. The last 20% takes so long to charge up to and is (nearly) always unnecessary. I find that it's a much faster charge rate and more enjoyable driving experience to keep within the 15-85% charge range even if you need to hit up an additional SC on the trip. We also like stopping to hit restrooms and stretch our legs, so that factors in. I will admit though that Sequoia presents some challenges that I hope will get resolved when they get around to SC in Three Rivers and west of Fresno, like Squaw Valley.

Drove by here today to take more pictures looks like Tesla is pretty close to complete with their work but still no transformer installed.

PXL_20220806_182447867.jpg

PXL_20220806_182514227.jpg

PXL_20220806_182519326.jpg

PXL_20220806_182541853.jpg

That'd be a nice surprise if it's turned on by this Thursday! 🤞 I have a mid range model 3 and decided to stay over night in Three Rivers to top up before heading in to the park to do some backpacking. Appreciate everyone that takes the time to post pictures and updates on here 👍
I will be driving back from Fresno tomorrow evening I will definitely post pictures and if I am able to charge I will update this thread.

Three Rivers would be an outstanding location for a future SC!
I would actually prefer at Lodgepole Visitor center so those that want to drive to Grant and Cedar grove could more easily do it without worrying. Once we have Visalia Three Rivers doesn't provide as much benefit especially because it is not too far up the mountain yet. Just my opinion 😀

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Drove by today and decided to try and charge and this site appears to officially be ONLINE!! Not yet on the in car nav but probably coming soon.

View attachment 864199

Great! If someone could post a screenshot of the nav display or mobile app display for this site that'd be super-helpful since we (well I anyways) don't know the official name for this location yet.

^^^ @corywright @Big Earl @Chuq

Bruce.

Great! If someone could post a screenshot of the nav display or mobile app display for this site that'd be super-helpful since we (well I anyways) don't know the official name for this location yet.

^^^ @corywright @Big Earl @Chuq

Bruce.
Bruce, I don't know how to do the fancy voodoo that you request.

I can however, open up the location segment of the Tesla app to read and then transcribe:

TESLA SUPERCHARGER VISALIA CA

Hope this helps.