Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA (Valley Fuel Travel Center, LIVE 15 Oct 2022, 19 v3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
official name for this location yet.
According to Tesla's Website, it's

"Visalia, CA--Valley Fuel Travel Plaza"

Great! If someone could post a screenshot of the nav display or mobile app display for this site that'd be super-helpful

According to the car's navigation and mobile app, there's no Supercharger at this place maybe because it's too early, so Tesla needs to update this info.

The address is from the Tesla electrical cabinet. According to Google Map, this same address is Visalia, CA for Valley Fuel Travel Plaza but also Goshen, CA for Burger King. The stalls spread out from the Burger King to Starbucks parking lots

3IhMHxl.jpg

6 stalls at the Burger King:

J6WZaHr.jpg

Another 7 stalls next to the Starbucks' drive-through:

S1n096G.jpg

Another angle toward the street so you see the rest of the stalls in front of the Starbucks on the right, next to the palm tree:

MwS7vNU.jpg

Panorama showing the stalls from Burger King on the right, and from Starbucks at the middle of the picture:

j9RV1YY.jpg

Panorama in front of the Starbucks showing the rest of the 6 stalls out of the total 19 stalls at this location.

You can see the white foundation of the stalls of unfinished Supercharger across the street between the parking lot black light pole (3 lights and 1 camera) and the red Tesla Parking Sign on the right. There are 20 cement foundations for the stalls across the street in the picture below.

b75Mtfz.jpg

It's only 100 kW for my 2017 Model X but maybe because it is the ripe old age of 7:

DUCwElH.jpg

Last edited:
While this Supercharger appears on the app on my phone, if I send directions to the car from the app, they do not go through. This location does not appear on the touchscreen in the car, either. Not red, not greyed out. Cannot obtain directions in the car either. I live in Fresno, so its not like this location is hundreds of miles away.

Yet another curious Tesla Motors software conundrum.

Finally open! Had to check it out. Here are some drone photos for better geography of the location. Very busy for a new supercharger. Included a shot of the construction across the street.

Attachments

• B21AE17A-1577-4831-B2E3-C4BA760CA17E.jpeg
    B21AE17A-1577-4831-B2E3-C4BA760CA17E.jpeg
    728.3 KB · Views: 124
  • ABCF27B2-D6DC-43CA-9F21-994675C10F46.jpeg
    ABCF27B2-D6DC-43CA-9F21-994675C10F46.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 4E97D7B4-7116-4A78-88E7-B3A1650F1E57.jpeg
    4E97D7B4-7116-4A78-88E7-B3A1650F1E57.jpeg
    723.6 KB · Views: 138
Went there today. It's $.46 per kWh and most people seem to park in front of the Starbucks, instead of the Burger King. If you pull into the site and it looks like all the spots are taken in front of you, look to your left. Chances are, there is a spot open in front of Burger King.

Very nice site to stop for a charge with both fast food and Starbucks. Lots of big rig trucks pulling in to the area though. Pics below are a 180° panaramic. Tooks pics of the spots in front of the Starbucks, then the entrance from the road in front of the BK, then the Superchargers over by the BK.

Seems weird that they split the chargers in half.

Attachments

• PXL_20221103_221405189.jpg
    PXL_20221103_221405189.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20221103_221407518.jpg
    PXL_20221103_221407518.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20221103_221357941.jpg
    PXL_20221103_221357941.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 68
@corywright @Big Earl @Chuq @tes-s

Thread title maintenance stuff.

According to Tesla, this site is simply called "Visalia, CA" (there's no "Valley Fuel Travel Plaza" in the name, which we in the community used to distinguish it from the first-known Supercharger site in Visalia, still under construction). So I've changed the title of this thread to reflect that (moving the "Valley Fuel Travel Plaza" out of the name). I somewhat arbitrarily renamed the thread for the still-under-construction site "Visalia, CA #2".

Hopefully this will alleviate some confusion over what site is "Visalia, CA".

This isn't ideal but it's probably the best we can do until the second site goes on-line and we get an official name.

Bruce.

According to Tesla, this site is simply called "Visalia, CA" (there's no "Valley Fuel Travel Plaza" in the name, which we in the community used to distinguish it from the first-known Supercharger site in Visalia, still under construction). So I've changed the title of this thread to reflect that (moving the "Valley Fuel Travel Plaza" out of the name). I somewhat arbitrarily renamed the thread for the still-under-construction site "Visalia, CA #2".

This isn't ideal but it's probably the best we can do until the second site goes on-line and we get an official name.

Bruce.
Thanks Bruce! I was one of those corn-fused cats.

Bruce.
Thanks Bruce. I've adopted these changes until the actual name for site #2 is known.

This location has been open for seven months but still is not appearing on Tesla’s find us page or in my Tesla app. Does anyone know a way to report this to somebody who could fix the problem?
Shows up just fine in the Tesla app, and in the car:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527-081051.png
    Screenshot_20230527-081051.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20230527-081215.png
    Screenshot_20230527-081215.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33