Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vista, CA (LIVE 17 Jun 2022, 20 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vista is shown on Tesla’s Find Us page as having a Supercharger coming online in 2018 though that might slip into 2019. But it’s on the map:

85B5AC29-BDAD-4672-AB3F-B2F14310B2D5.png

No, because the upcoming Tesla service center at 3248 Lionshead Avenue is well within Carlsbad. Also the Tesla website map specifically shows a Supercharger coming soon in Vista. Two separate things.

Yes, they are two separate things, but the message I was replying to was actually talking about a "service facility". And 3248 Lionshead Avenue is only about 300 feet from the Vista/Carlsbad city limits, according to Google. So I'm pretty sure @Uncle Paul was talking about that!

I think 2201 S. Melrose Drive may be the new Vista, CA supercharger station location sharing the parking lot with a Marriott. It is close to the upcoming Carlsbad service center.
Seems unlikely. The Target would be more likely given Tesla's recent build-outs in Target parking lots and the fact that it's just off 78. But Vista's permit system doesn't turn anything up.

Reactions: jowaldo
Drove through the Vista Village area last week near the pinned location and couldn't find anywhere that could be the potential site. My best guess was going to be at the back of the Cinepolis parking lot next to the Sprinter tracks, but there weren't any signs of construction. Hoping this location can be opened soon since the closest Supercharger to Oceanside is in South Carlsbad.

Drove through the Vista Village area last week near the pinned location and couldn't find anywhere that could be the potential site. My best guess was going to be at the back of the Cinepolis parking lot next to the Sprinter tracks, but there weren't any signs of construction. Hoping this location can be opened soon since the closest Supercharger to Oceanside is in South Carlsbad.
The grey pin location for future superchargers on Tesla's map means absolutely nothing about where in the Vista area Tesla is working towards installing. The map puts the pin in whatever spot Google Maps decides is the location for "Vista". The actual spot could be 15 miles away.

That would be a bad location - battling for spots with movie goers on weekends and holidays. Lots of building going on around the location noted; but I agree, downtown Vista area is not a likely location. A Target store or something near the 78 would be more likely.