Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Voting 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've opened up Supercharger voting again. There is nothing in Maine but they do have North Adams Mass and Bennington VT. I voted for North Adams, Bennington a couple on Cape Breton NS and Provincetown. Under the suggestions I voted for Bath ME, Rockport Maine and Camden Maine. Route 1 in Maine is grossly underserved, there is nothing past Freeport which is very busy during the day.

Last edited:
There is also a suggestions section for the next round of voting. Make sure that you vote on the suggestion. I selected locations in Bath, Rockport and Camden for my suggestions. I just want something beyond Freeport on Route 1.
I think it's too late in the voting process to add a new location. I didn't see your location as places where I could vote, or I would voted for them.

I agree that RT1 needs some love.

I think it's too late in the voting process to add a new location. I didn't see your location as places where I could vote, or I would voted for them.

I agree that RT1 needs some love.
On the voting page there is a line called Suggestions under the voting button. Suggestions are for the next round, Type in the name of a town and it will give you a couple of choices, pick one and then it will ask you the reason you want it, for example Need it to get to my destination or Need it at my destination.

Why is Provincetown an option available to vote for when Tesla Find-Us already has it listed as getting stations in Q3 2023? Seems like a waste of a vote.
Just because its shown as a future location doesn't mean it's going to happen. Camden Maine was on the map for about a year before they took it off. They can change their minds or they can run into an approval problem.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I suggested Warner, NH along I-89 near Sunapee: 28 Route 103 W, Warner, NH 03278. 26 miles from Hooksett SC and 41 from West Lebanon SC.

I was looking for someplace between Hooksett and West Lebanon, particularly for times when winter weather is bad or W. Leb is out for some reason (like when they were re-doing the chargers last year). It could easily be a stop on the way to or from Mt. Sunapee, and has a Market Basket, State Liquor Store, McDonald's, pizza place, an Irving gas station and a Dunkin'. I haven't stopped at that exit in a long time, so was really going based on what's in Apple Maps. With any luck it will be up for voting next time.

Reactions: dfava and Tdreamer
I suggested Warner, NH along I-89 near Sunapee: 28 Route 103 W, Warner, NH 03278. 26 miles from Hooksett SC and 41 from West Lebanon SC.

I was looking for someplace between Hooksett and West Lebanon, particularly for times when winter weather is bad or W. Leb is out for some reason (like when they were re-doing the chargers last year). It could easily be a stop on the way to or from Mt. Sunapee, and has a Market Basket, State Liquor Store, McDonald's, pizza place, an Irving gas station and a Dunkin'. I haven't stopped at that exit in a long time, so was really going based on what's in Apple Maps. With any luck it will be up for voting next time.
Put it in the Suggestions list and maybe they'll add it to the next Voting list.

Reactions: PeterK

I agree, exit 9 off of 89 would be a great spot. Maybe they can team up with Dunkin like they have at a bunch of other spots in NH.
It seemed odd to me, that they have been adding so many SC's off of 93 north of Hookset, but nothing really on 89.

My parents just moved to Hanover so this would be a big help. I made it in the fall from Boston to Hanover then back to Hookset, but my battery got down to single digits. Won't be possible in winter. I can go to West Lebanon, but would be nice not to.

I agree, exit 9 off of 89 would be a great spot. Maybe they can team up with Dunkin like they have at a bunch of other spots in NH.
It seemed odd to me, that they have been adding so many SC's off of 93 north of Hookset, but nothing really on 89.

My parents just moved to Hanover so this would be a big help. I made it in the fall from Boston to Hanover then back to Hookset, but my battery got down to single digits. Won't be possible in winter. I can go to West Lebanon, but would be nice not to.
There are plenty of options for L2 charging in Hanover - Dartmouth added several Chargepoints around campus. Use the ones in the Dana or Thompson lots; the Thayer garage adds garage fees ($5 min, I think). Nights and weekends are $0.28/kWh, but it increases after 4 hours. Also, they have a winter parking ban 2-6am in the outdoor lots.

For overnight charging, the Hanover Town Garage on Lebanon Street (across from the Hopkins Center) is probably your best bet. The garage is free after 9pm and all day Sunday, so if you're there for the weekend, you can drop the car off after 9pm Sat night and pick up when it's charged on Sunday. At $1/hour (charging), that's ~$0.16/kWh

Beware - Chargepoint continues to charge you if you leave the car plugged in after it stops charging.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterK
There are plenty of options for L2 charging in Hanover - Dartmouth added several Chargepoints around campus. Use the ones in the Dana or Thompson lots; the Thayer garage adds garage fees ($5 min, I think). Nights and weekends are $0.28/kWh, but it increases after 4 hours. Also, they have a winter parking ban 2-6am in the outdoor lots.

For overnight charging, the Hanover Town Garage on Lebanon Street (across from the Hopkins Center) is probably your best bet. The garage is free after 9pm and all day Sunday, so if you're there for the weekend, you can drop the car off after 9pm Sat night and pick up when it's charged on Sunday. At $1/hour (charging), that's ~$0.16/kWh

Beware - Chargepoint continues to charge you if you leave the car plugged in after it stops charging.
Ha, I already found out about the chargepoint in the Lebanon Street garage.

I've been doing a lot day trips up there and back so a supercharger somewhere in the middle of 89 would definitely still be helpful.

It looks like Rockport ME is doing OK in the voting, if you haven't voted yet please vote for that location. Mid Coast Main is their biggest hole in New England. Also under suggestions for the the next round please request Bath Maine, that's the jumping off point for Boothbay, Georgetown and New Harbor.

It looks like Rockport ME is doing OK in the voting, if you haven't voted yet please vote for that location. Mid Coast Main is their biggest hole in New England. Also under suggestions for the the next round please request Bath Maine, that's the jumping off point for Boothbay, Georgetown and New Harbor.

The site says Rockland, ME.

Unless you're actually going to Thomaston or Rockland, the fastest route traveling US-1 to is to take ME-90 at Warren and cut the corner to Rockport.
If they put a Supercharger at the Hannaford on the North side of Rockland it would be a 5.5 mile, 12:42 diversion. Not the best, but not completely terrible.