Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Voting 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's on the map, says Q3 2023. They never make their dates so it might not happen for a few more months but at least it's planned.
This one is planned for a new Common Man Roadside c-store being built at the site of a former Burger King in Portsmouth. Not sure what the status of the project is - ie. not sure if they have broken ground (on the c-store) yet. The Epsom, NH coming soon pin is also associated with a Common Man Roadside c-store. That project is well underway with the building well underway. Q3 completion is not going to happen there, but could be by end-of-year.

Reactions: kayak1
This one is planned for a new Common Man Roadside c-store being built at the site of a former Burger King in Portsmouth. Not sure what the status of the project is - ie. not sure if they have broken ground (on the c-store) yet. The Epsom, NH coming soon pin is also associated with a Common Man Roadside c-store. That project is well underway with the building well underway. Q3 completion is not going to happen there, but could be by end-of-year.
The burger king has been closed for almost a year and there is zero progress with the site. Since we are now headed into fall I doubt this happens any time soon.

The burger king has been closed for almost a year and there is zero progress with the site. Since we are now headed into fall I doubt this happens any time soon.
Thanks. It's possible that the current economic conditions have resulted in a scaling back (or possibly a slowdown) of some of the regional c-store expansions that have been in the works for the past few years. Rhode Island based Neon Marketplace appears to have slowed their buildout from the initial pace, so it's possible Common Man is too. We'll see.

• Informative
There are no Maine US Route 1 locations or MA US Route 2 locations on the voting map any more and there are no future locations shown on the FIndUS map either. The these are the two destinations that require a stretch to get to because of the lack of Superchargers. Does anyone know if there are locations that are planned but not shown on the FindUS map? Or is Tesla just screwing New England?

There are no Maine US Route 1 locations or MA US Route 2 locations on the voting map any more and there are no future locations shown on the FIndUS map either. The these are the two destinations that require a stretch to get to because of the lack of Superchargers. Does anyone know if there are locations that are planned but not shown on the FindUS map? Or is Tesla just screwing New England?

In Maine the US-1 Rockland location is NEVI, and is listed by Efficiency Maine as slated for 2024. (Efficiency Maine removed the Bangor Shell from their NEVI list, so if Rockland weren't going ahead I'd also assume it'd be removed.)

While you'd like a Supercharger before Rockland, if either they include NACS or you have a CCS adapter, the upcoming NEVI chargers Brunswick and Waldoboro should be a significant help. (For Phase VI (2nd NEVI) Efficiency Maine has added language that NACS is strongly encouraged and that the funding will cover NACS connectors.)

I'd also note that in Maine Tesla also doesn't list Bangor (almost ready) or the Augusta expansion/upgrade (NEVI), so no guarantee there isn't something else unlisted.

In Maine the US-1 Rockland location is NEVI, and is listed by Efficiency Maine as slated for 2024. (Efficiency Maine removed the Bangor Shell from their NEVI list, so if Rockland weren't going ahead I'd also assume it'd be removed.)

While you'd like a Supercharger before Rockland, if either they include NACS or you have a CCS adapter, the upcoming NEVI chargers Brunswick and Waldoboro should be a significant help. (For Phase VI (2nd NEVI) Efficiency Maine has added language that NACS is strongly encouraged and that the funding will cover NACS connectors.)

I'd also note that in Maine Tesla also doesn't list Bangor (almost ready) or the Augusta expansion/upgrade (NEVI), so no guarantee there isn't something else unlisted.
They won't be as fast as Tesla, nor will we be able to see if they are really working before we make it to the location.

I would really like to see Tesla add location on RT-1.

These days Tesla seems to have backed off on listing many of their projects as coming soon locations on their findus map. I don’t think anyone outside of Tesla knows the criteria for listing them.

Tesla did update the findus map in the past few days - looks like a few date changes in existing coming soon pins and nothing else for New England.

There are certainly lots of projects either permitted or in construction not on the findus map - just look at supercharge.info to see what’s out there. That said, even some of the sites shown there as permitted may ultimately not materialize due to a variety of reasons.

Right - most coming soon locations are no longer listed.

Some of the current operating locations aren’t listed either!

Also this time the Supercharger Voting map seemed quite sparse. Certainly TX and NM had far fewer locations. I can only hope that means several projects are in planning or committed already.

here's a pic. They are in place as of yesterday but still covered.

Attachments

• IMG_4114.JPEG
    IMG_4114.JPEG
    946.5 KB · Views: 30