Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the South if you exit at the Texas Ranger Museum an follow the access road I think you'll be OK.
If you can charge a little more, you can make it to the SC in Abbot. It's about 23 miles north of Waco and really easy to get in an out. No construction.
There's also one off of the exit for Italy if going on I-35E towards Dallas in case anyone needs that one. The past few times we've driven by it, it didn't look busy.

Both Italy and Abbot are great chargers. Italy is only 150 kW, but still it always finishes before I am done with my drinks and rest room break. Both these have decent food options with the gas station.

Waco CSB is a great place, except they are only open 9 to 6.
Was.

It was worth dealing with construction junction when it was a free charge for non legacy cars and you could sip on a tea/coffee also on the house.

Friday before Christmas, Waco was pretty full. The navigation screen indicated 2 chargers not working and less than 5 min wait.

Wife pulled in there around 4pm, one car waiting ahead. She was charging in about 2 min. Unfortunately, it was a slower charger.

I was about 5 min later. 3 cars in line. Charging within 4 minutes. I got one of the fast chargers but my older S really cannot benefit. She has the 3 that would charge faster. Oh well.

Given our unknown destination charging and cold outdoor temp, we both charged to 80%. About 25 min.

We saw the line go from 0 to about 6 cars waiting and then back to 2 or so as we were leaving.

Would be nice if there was a better line system, but everyone was being reasonable and fair.

The two chargers that were marked as unworking had the cables flipped up over the top as a visual clue. Still a few backed in and attempted.

When I had checked Waco mid morning, nav said 8 available. So it wasn’t slammed all day.

To add, there were no construction delays in Waco getting to/from the supercharger.

Coming from Austin, if one follows the nav instructions it’s a very aggressive move to get across the 2-3 lanes into the lot.

My daughter was driving for highway experience, and there was a large truck in our path, so we did the safe thing and did the block by turning right at the next light.

There was some light construction in round rock/Georgetown area. Traffic was pretty backed up for those headed south into Austin.

Temple was 15mph fir a few miles near “doentown” (south of buc-ees).

Probably going to go for hwy 281 on way home on Monday if the car thinks we have enough charge after topping off to 100% right before we leave. Stay off i35 :). But no charging options that back way if issues.

Last edited:
I thought all construction in around Temple was completed more than a year ago?

Is the I35 construction in Waco downtown still ongoing or done?
I35 construction never ends.
Once they widen a section it’s already too small.

Need an extension of the 130 north toward DFW and have it connect with the PGBT at its southern end.

Reactions: Electroman
Just came back from Kerrville to Euless {middle DFW}. Charged at Johnson City, drove to Abbott and charged there. Small wait and one SC out. Were going to charge at Alvarado but we were rerouted up I35E and 287 to 360 due to traffic around Ft Worth.
On the way down to Kerrville we charged at Alvarado then Liano. Could have taken 281 to Johnson City but Llano route was a little faster.

Charged here on the 31st around 3 pm. Around 5 stalls available. but there were times it was close to only 2 available. No issues getting a good 200+ KW speeds and tapering as expected.

CSB was packed. The annoying thing about that place is that, it is only a bakery and it closes early every day (6 pm?). And on New Years' eve they closed at 3 pm, with over 25 people (yes I counted over a period of just 5 minutes) trying to get in for a cup a coffee, and were sent away. So many were just plain angry and annoyed that an eating establishment closes that early.

With the opening of Temple and Georgetown, I am guessing many will simply skip this place.

Reactions: CarlS
Charged here on the 31st around 3 pm. Around 5 stalls available. but there were times it was close to only 2 available. No issues getting a good 200+ KW speeds and tapering as expected.

CSB was packed. The annoying thing about that place is that, it is only a bakery and it closes early every day (6 pm?). And on New Years' eve they closed at 3 pm, with over 25 people (yes I counted over a period of just 5 minutes) trying to get in for a cup a coffee, and were sent away. So many were just plain angry and annoyed that an eating establishment closes that early.

With the opening of Temple and Georgetown, I am guessing many will simply skip this place.
How was the construction on the 35? I haven't been that way for 16 months

How was the construction on the 35? I haven't been that way for 16 months
All highway construction in Waco seems finished and all lanes open, including On and Off ramps. Traffic was moving smoothly. There is some residual work going on in service roads, but nothing that impacts highway traffic.

Surprisingly for no reason I could see, traffic came to a crawl in Temple. No construction or accidents, just traffic slowing down and backing up for about 4 or 5 miles in that section.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS