Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5BAEEAA4-07A1-4758-ADDE-829903053AF8.jpeg
Passed through today, saw as high as 165KW at ~30% SOC

How do you identify which one is V3? I charged a month ago and got 150 Kw max on my 2021 Model Y at 20% charge state
The V2 chargers are in pairs and typically have the labels up a few inches from the bottom. The labels are of the form 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B etc. The V3 chargers are grouped but are not in pairs and don't have the same labelling system (if at all).
But a better way to tell is the V3 cable that you plug in to your car is thinner than the V2 cables. That's not a typo. The V3 cables carry more power but are thinner because they are liquid cooled.

I stopped there yesterday (Friday 3/12/21) at about 12:30 PM. I was really surprised at how busy/full the chargers were as there were only 3 of the 22 slots open. Used the new V3 and was charging along merrily at 155KW - Had a nearly empty tank after coming cross country from Fredricksburg. Barely had time to use the facilities, get a free soda, grab some Chili & pastry, walk the dog before I had enough charge to get home to Fort Worth.

Lots of construction on I35 now (still). North bound I35 is not much of an issue. South bound is another story, Bellmeade exit is closed, so need to exit one exit earlier - or go 2 miles past and back-track. Getting back on south bound has the same issue - 2 miles through city streets and construction areas (I almost followed a dump truck into a construction sand pit).

Older V2 chargers still marked, Newer V3 (to the right as you look at the chargers) not marked
Several people had thrown trash/litter out behind the chargers - please do not do that.
Other than the construction - a good place to stop
Remember to thank the retailers for having the chargers...

.. and don't forget the free coffee from CSB. I really wish CSB upgrades into a place that serves more variety food. More real sandwiches with lot of veggies, maybe some pizza too. The sandwiches they sell is just plain abysmal and quite pricey.

I35 has perennial construction for the past 15 years since I remember. There was a ton of construction around Temple, TX for nearly 7 years and the now Waco section is being torn down. It is good that Dallas-Austin stretch is getting 3 lanes end to end, but 15 years of construction on a 200 mile busy stretch is simply getting on the nerves. With much lower traffic volumes in 2020 they should have accelerated work and finished it by now.

Reactions: CarlS