Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noting that the El Pollo Regio is not open yet, but probably will be very shortly. I planned on getting food there and they are still working on the interior of the building.

On another note, according to my account, this supercharger is free. I stayed a little longer than planned to top off for that reason. $0.00 for 51 kwh.

Breaking News:

54AC0380-D7DB-47B2-B3E6-7B46E9475C3E.jpeg

I was there a few days back and two of ten were down. This is my favorite charging spot and who does not LOVE the Collin Street Bakery?
It was the very first time I have ever waited to charge since I have owned my car so this is great news.

However if you do have to wait I cannot think of a better place.

CSB is a bakery, a fantastic one at that, but lets not forget that it is a bakery with some sandwiches available, nothing more. It is a restaurant that you can have nice filling lunch or dinner. Since there are no other choices there, you are a captive client.

I didn't stop, but I think I noticed an El Pollo Regio opened next door to the bakery the last time I drove by. Another nice alternative to sweets while stopping here.

I've been walking over to the IHOP since I'm usually there after CSB is closed and also since I want to eat actual food rather than dessert snacks. So having El Pollo Regio will be very nice. No longer have to worry about stepping into muddy waters trying to walk through that ditch.

My wife pulled in to Waco yesterday with 64 miles of range left on our 2013 P85+...7 or 8 slots occupied. "Super"charged at a sad 20kW. she got just enough juice to get her to the new Alvaredo SC. At the exact same range left she was charging at 93kW (1 other person there). Even taking into account the "shared" A/B charging and our older car, the Waco location seems to do excessive throttling in our experience over the last 9 months or so. I am guessing it is one of the heaviest used chargers.

Another SC stop just a bit further south would be nice too. Still, it was nice to have Alvaredo as an option!

My wife pulled in to Waco yesterday with 64 miles of range left on our 2013 P85+...7 or 8 slots occupied. "Super"charged at a sad 20kW. she got just enough juice to get her to the new Alvaredo SC. At the exact same range left she was charging at 93kW (1 other person there). Even taking into account the "shared" A/B charging and our older car, the Waco location seems to do excessive throttling in our experience over the last 9 months or so. I am guessing it is one of the heaviest used chargers.

Another SC stop just a bit further south would be nice too. Still, it was nice to have Alvaredo as an option!

I thought they were planning on a SC in Temple or Georgetown? One of those would be perfect for trips from DFW to Austin to avoid using the always crowded Austin SC.