Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on when the Waco location will be expanded?

Looks like TDLR just added the expansion project to their permits site. Looks like scheduled to be done just after Christmas. Hopefully they beat that for the holiday rush.

TDLR TABS - Project Details

Project Name:
Tesla - Waco, TX
Project Number:
TABS2021000036
Facility Name:
Tesla - Waco, TX
Location Address:
701 S. Interstate HWY 35
Bellmead, TX 76705
Location County:
McLennan
Start Date:
9/7/2020
Completion Date:
12/28/2020
Estimated Cost:
$190,000
Type of Work:
New Construction
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
Tesla is installing an electric vehicle charging station that will include (12) charging stalls. (4) of the stalls will be handicap accessible.
Square Footage:
2,700 ft 2

Looks like TDLR just added the expansion project to their permits site. Looks like scheduled to be done just after Christmas. Hopefully they beat that for the holiday rush.

Scope of Work:
Tesla is installing an electric vehicle charging station that will include (12) charging stalls. (4) of the stalls will be handicap accessible.
That would bring it to 22 stalls. Impressive.

That’s a lot of power. Wonder if they will go with v3.

Still no 24x7 restroom.

But, Collin St. Bakery will give you a free coffee (during business hours).
Just need to show them your key.

Same for the Lindell (East of Tyler) and Corsicana locations.

Show some support for businesses that have supported Tesla Superchargers. They have actively supported Tesla since 2013.

I'll be happy when we don't have to go offroading to get in the place. Last time three times I've been the frontage road has been torn up with little sign of progress ;)

Ditto that.

Demolition and Construction I-35 has been a quagmire for at least last six or seven years. A segment gets done, then they move to next segment.

Several overpasses and bridges had to be torn down, and temporary roadways have to be provided.

Then the real building gets underway.

Unfortunately, the construction crews are only human, and I-35 being a major route requires keeping two North-bound and two South-bound lanes SAFELY open during rush hours, and most of the typical workday.

Doing demolition typically is the first step, and it is slow, dangerous and tedious work.

The off-roading from the service road will probably be like that for some time.
Just another reason to give your car a wash and cleaning.

Or, do the work around, just charge in Italy or Alvarado in the North and one of the Austin Superchargers from the South.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Reactions: Twiglett and CarlS
Ditto that.

Demolition and Construction I-35 has been a quagmire for at least last six or seven years. A segment gets done, then they move to next segment.

Several overpasses and bridges had to be torn down, and temporary roadways have to be provided.

Then the real building gets underway.

Unfortunately, the construction crews are only human, and I-35 being a major route requires keeping two North-bound and two South-bound lanes SAFELY open during rush hours, and most of the typical workday.

Doing demolition typically is the first step, and it is slow, dangerous and tedious work.

The off-roading from the service road will probably be like that for some time.
Just another reason to give your car a wash and cleaning.

Or, do the work around, just charge in Italy or Alvarado in the North and one of the Austin Superchargers from the South.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Yeah just came back from Dallas to San Antonio this weekend and definitely wanted to skip Waco on purpose. I was able to make it from Dallas to Austin in one shot just fine.

Reactions: bollar
The first 300 KWh charger in Texas appears to be coming to Collins street supercharger location. Photos attached. Those are 4 inch pipes being placed into the ground.

Attachments

• 2879D2C4-4BCE-4B89-B7B2-0CA4B3137276.jpeg
    2879D2C4-4BCE-4B89-B7B2-0CA4B3137276.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 118
  • 4508CF08-120F-4231-B454-EB3B2EB72644.jpeg
    4508CF08-120F-4231-B454-EB3B2EB72644.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 86
  • EEB77903-B3B6-4F47-92A4-5675CD949D9B.jpeg
    EEB77903-B3B6-4F47-92A4-5675CD949D9B.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 79