Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On thing I noticed at that place, is you come there around 10 pm and that place is scary dark & deserted. Teslas with a low charge plugged in and unable to move is a sitting duck for crimes. Just the potential of it, is unnerving a few times I had charged with my family close to 11 pm.

And I believe that is true for many other SCs that are in lonely restaurant parking lots. To add to that, CSB closes at 6 pm every day.

On thing I noticed at that place, is you come there around 10 pm and that place is scary dark & deserted. Teslas with a low charge plugged in and unable to move is a sitting duck for crimes. Just the potential of it, is unnerving a few times I had charged with my family close to 11 pm.

And I believe that is true for many other SCs that are in lonely restaurant parking lots. To add to that, CSB closes at 6 pm every day.
Stay strapped, you won’t get clapped.

With all the construction going on in I35, getting to this SC has been a challenge.

Coming from Dallas (from North) on I35 S, I believe the Bellemead exit to this place is open.

But coming in the other direction from Austin, you have to take a few exits ahead and go through the service road for atleast 3 miles maybe?. It appears multiple exits coming from the south on I35 N has been closed. It has been a real challenge because you are intensely focused on the road with all the construction detours and concrete barriers and it is easy to miss any sign that says the exits are closed.

Can someone confirm if the exits are closed coming from south?

With all the construction going on in I35, getting to this SC has been a challenge.

Coming from Dallas (from North) on I35 S, I believe the Bellemead exit to this place is open.

But coming in the other direction from Austin, you have to take a few exits ahead and go through the service road for atleast 3 miles maybe?. It appears multiple exits coming from the south on I35 N has been closed. It has been a real challenge because you are intensely focused on the road with all the construction detours and concrete barriers and it is easy to miss any sign that says the exits are closed.

Can someone confirm if the exits are closed coming from south?
We noticed this as well. The Tesla's navigation was not up to date with construction info (would be nice if it did) so the first time I went here I missed the exit.

We noticed this as well. The Tesla's navigation was not up to date with construction info (would be nice if it did) so the first time I went here I missed the exit.
Same here. Last time coming up from Austin, I tried getting off at South MLK, heading west to E Waco Drive, then north up to Bellmead then back south to the CSB.
Not exactly straightforward but less time in that hellhole of construction at least.

Reactions: ElectricNerd
Seems like it. Then again everywhere in DFW also seems to be under constant construction.

That Collin Street Bakery where the Tesla Superchargers are at used to offer a free drink if you showed your Tesla key. They appear to have stopped doing that.
No free charging and no free coffee. I see no reason to drop in unless I really want a fruitcake sample.

Reactions: ElectricNerd