Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Wait List App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been seeing a lot of discussion in threads about etiquette around charge stations and superchargers. Is anyone aware of an app that allows you to find out how busy a charge station is, and if it's full a way to wait list yourself or post how long you'll be?

Ideally, before I pull into a charging station I'd like know if it's busy or not. And if it's in a busy location and I'm charging, I'd like to know if there is a line up behind me of people who need a charge more urgently than I do. I'll happily let them take the spot.

If one doesn't exist, I'd be happy to make one if someone can help me test it.

Allegedly Firmware 8.0 is going to give you real time status in the car, which may or may not include wait times.

What I'd like to see is some sort of geo-fenced wait list - once you pull in to the SpC lot it assigns you a position in line, when your spot opens up it notifies you and guides you towards it - and when you pull in to a not fully loaded SpC, it directs you to the best stall for you (ie not shared or the share with the highest available power.)

Presumably in the long term when Snake chargers show up AP cars will do auto Valet in these situations - you get out at the door, it goes to a waiting area, then to the next stall, then back to waiting once you have enough charge for your next leg.

As long as it is going at low speeds on private property where the cars know the layout, current AP1 cars should be fine doing this with extensions of the Summon functionality. I suppose Tesla could implement it before the Snakes show up in places where they are already keeping a coordinator/valet due to volume - all the human has to do is plug and unplug the cars by hand.

The PlugShare app already supports checkin/checkout for all chargers and allows you to specify how long you plan to be there as well as message other users. Like any app or service that's not completely automated though, it requires people using it... I admit I primarily use it to find chargers and often forget to checkin.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan