Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waldorf, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Another possible Supercharger found on PlugShare, this one at St. Charles Towne Center in Waldorf, MD. No photos of the installation yet, so no definite way to know if this is a Supercharger yet. Only description is that this is a Supercharger. Did a quick permit search and found nothing.

No precise location yet (pin is on the center of the mall). If anyone nearby can check this location out, that would be great!

In the meanwhile I’ll call on @Lanny @mociaf9 (in case you find something I didn’t). Will wait before calling Chuq and BlueShift.
D1C6C005-2CD0-4BB2-8873-A71A7FBCD680.jpeg

Building permits for that location are through Charles County. I checked through their online search portal and didn't see anything that explicitly looked like an EV charging station at the mall. Not anything that was obviously superchargers nor EVCS from another network/provider. But the permit tracking portal they use and the limited amount of information on project names or descriptions/uses that seems to get entered makes it hard to say anything with any assurance. Plus that mall is divided into like 7 or 8 different parcels, which further complicates the search. So, while I didn't find anything, I don't think that really means much. Hopefully someone in the area can give us some more exact information on the specific location within the property's multiple parking lots and some pictures or other info that would confirm the project as superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
From my contact at Simon...

Thu, Jun 13, 5:25 PM (15 hours ago)

Good afternoon!

Your email was forwarded to me as George Caraghiaur is no longer with Simon and I now coordinate the EVCS initiative for Simon.

We are working diligently to install Tesla Superchargers at many of our centers; unfortunately, it will likely be a few more years before they make their way to St. Charles Town Center.

We appreciate your continued interest in EVCSs at Simon centers. For a complete list of centers that currently have EVCSs, please go to https://www.simon.com/electric-vehicle-charging-stations. This list will show you which vendors are installed at each center along with the # of each type of station (Level 2, Level 3, etc).

Thanks!

CJ Wyatt, CAP
Associate, Projects & Reporting
EV Charging Station Program
Energy Services / Sustainability
Indiana Notary Public

Good for driving, but if Streetview is up-to-date, there's no crosswalk at the nearby intersection easily to get across the road to the mall, so it's not a good meal-time stop.

I'm new to this so I'm still training myself to get food first and then go to the SC to charge and eat in the car :D I've already walked across half a dozen super busy roads to get a burger and fries.

It's a little over a mile walking distance to the mall (St. Charles Towne Center). I used to work there a lifetime ago. There is a smaller shopping center across the street, but I agree that it doesn't look like there's a good crosswalk, though that doesn't generally stop people in the area.