TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Walsenburg, CO

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MileHighMotoring, Jul 2, 2017.

1. MileHighMotoring

#1 MileHighMotoring, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Walsenburg.jpg

This is up on Tesla's site. Does anyone have any info or ETA yet? I'm hoping to do a Fall Break trip from Denver to Albuquerque with a stop at the Sand Dunes, and this would save me backtracking to and from Trinidad twice... In fact, I'm not even sure my 85D can make it from the Trinidad SC to the Dunes and back. Using EV Trip Planner it's very tight.

If they open the Alamosa Supercharger in time, that could work as well, if anyone has info on that one.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

When it says "Target opening date to be confirmed", just take it to mean "Not this year, hopefully next year, but plans could change."

3. MileHighMotoring

It was put online in 2016, so maybe 2017 is the "next year" :)

4. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

@MileHighMotoring , I don't know if you are planning to spend the night at Great Sand Dunes, but if you are, book a spot at the Oasis RV Park. I did this with my MX 75D and used their NEMA 14-50 to charge overnight. I was able to to this roundtrip from Monument CO without diverting to the Trinidad SC.

• Helpful x 1
  5. azred

azred Member

If you just counted all of the unfinished "coming in 2017" sites it looks like there is at least a couple years of work. So Walsenburg should get one in about 2019 or later.:)

6. MileHighMotoring

I'd certainly consider staying overnight but I'm not camping.. Where did you sleep?

7. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

I had my 2-man backpacking tent but I arrived at 10 PM in 40 mph winds. I gave up and slept on the floor of the X in a sleeping bag. I stayed at Oasis for 1 night just to charge, then moved to a campground in the GSD National Park. The park campgrounds are much nicer, but don't have electrical hookups.
    If you want to stay for the day, you could call Oasis and inquire about renting a 50 amp spot just for the day while you sightsee.