TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Warrnambool (VIC)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Murbs, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Murbs

Murbs Member

It looks like Tesla is getting busy next year.

2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Do we need new threads for every SC even though many will be 1+ year away?

3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Too many new Supercharger threads to make them all sticky.
    From now on I think I will need actual physical evidence before making a Supercharger thread sticky.

• Like x 1
  4. brewster

brewster Member

What about 'State' sticky's?

5. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Hey that's an idea @meloccom !

6. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Someone would have to tell me how that would work..
    If you mean starting a thread, such as Supercharger NSW, VIC, WA etc, anyone can start that thread.
    My personal preference is to leave as is as to extract back into separate site threads later would be difficult and result in a disjointed state thread.
    If you are talking about a sub forum, I don't have the power and USA admins have said no before..
    It will be a bit annoying for there to be a few sticky Supercharger threads for now but it will pass as they open and are unstuck.

7. wpapua

wpapua Member

The logical spot would seem to be on the Princes Highway(Raglan Parade), at the Homemakers Centre(East Warrnambool), opposite Bunnings, across the road from the Flying Horse Inn & Brewery, & near a 24 hour BP & Macca's. Toilets & Subway nearby.

• Like x 1
  8. brewster

brewster Member

I agree wpapua! I did send in a request for that area not long after I got my Tesla. I frequent that area a lot when I visit Warrnambool (would be ideal for me anyway). I've never seen the huge parking lot anywhere near half full when I have visited.

9. wpapua

wpapua Member

I too have attempted, early in the piece, to get the Centre management & Tesla together. They say 'you can lead a horse to water' - getting him to drink is another thing ! Who knows, Brewster, what's going on behind the scenes ? And the other two local Tesla owners are conspicuous by their silence, just watching on (?) !

10. Keiron

Keiron Member

Gudday Brewster and co

I am happy to add some voice to the need for an SC in downtown Warrnambool. I am due to do another run down that way to visit customers etc and whilst Portland is a nice spot I begrudge having to drive the extra 90+ Ks both ways to get to the motel to charge overnight. Mind you the motel do a ripper steak dinner.!