Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warrnambool (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SC site suggests that Merri and Banyan st any sign of work started

This is the original proposed permanent installation in the carpark of the tourist info centre. That entry into supercharge.info is from 25 October 2018, with no update on that site since. The temporary skid site is now listed as temporarily closed. So its not clear when a Warrnambool will get a supercharger again.

Reactions: Aussie M3 and Chuq
Bad news:
The 2 bay Tesla Supercharger skid in Warrnambool is PERMANENTLY closed.
The new owners of the Flying Horse Bar have declined to renew the lease to host the Tesla supercharger.

Good news:
Expect Colac and Geelong to host Superchargers in some future.

No news:
No update on the supposed Supercharger install at Flagstaff Hill Museum, 89 Merri St, Warrnambool.
"Status: Permit - 623 days, Stalls 4 Power 120 kW"

• Informative
Reactions: corndog
Good news:
Expect Colac and Geelong to host Superchargers in some future.
Just to clarify, where did the Geelong/Colac info come from?

There has been some speculation about this in various forums/groups but it is just speculation (supported by circumstantial data but nothing concrete). This included some chatter today on the TOCA Facebook group which is why I ask if it came from there, or elsewhere.

This appeared on Plugshare today. No photos, no checkins.

It could mean there are actual CCS chargers there (maybe CCS/Chademo).

It could mean there is a new/reinstated supercharger there.

It could mean that someone "knows" there was a supercharger there from a previous visit, and doesn't know about the removal, and has just re-added it, as a CCS charger.

Nothing on Tesla's map.

What's the lockdown situation for Warrnambool locals? Anyone able to drive past?

upload_2020-8-13_12-23-54.png

You could call the Brewery..?
I’m not confident a random employee would know what they are looking for or be able to give a description that is any better than the Plugshare entry. An EV owner would know what they’re looking at or at least be able to share a photo here.
Plus I’m not going to be a customer any time soon so I don’t want to waste their time.

This appeared on Plugshare today. No photos, no checkins.

It could mean there are actual CCS chargers there (maybe CCS/Chademo).

It could mean there is a new/reinstated supercharger there.

It could mean that someone "knows" there was a supercharger there from a previous visit, and doesn't know about the removal, and has just re-added it, as a CCS charger.

Nothing on Tesla's map.

What's the lockdown situation for Warrnambool locals? Anyone able to drive past?

View attachment 575638

I contacted the brewery and they had a falling out with Tesla and there are no other chargers on site

• Helpful
Reactions: corndog
I can confirm no chargers on site at Flying Horse Bar car park. Plugshare site #262617 negative checkin 2PM@17:08:2020.
Plugshare has reactivated this site with old images of the now defunct Tesla Superchargers. Flustercluck?

yes, drove by and the supercharger sled and all electric cables have been removed. Word is the new owners of the Flying Horse refused to renew Tesla’s lease.
I believe TESLA have permission from Warrnambool Council to put a supercharger at Flagstaff Hill. This is a superior location so let’s hope this happens.
In the meantime there is a free Council 22kw Tesla destination charger on the corner of Liebig and Lava St Warrnambool.

The Flying Horse site no longer shows on Plugshare. Pity. My most visited SC.
Warrnambool's Liebig Street 22kW charger site may confuse if using Plugshare photos to locate.
There used to be two chargers: one at the north-east corner, one at the south-west corner of the intersection of Liebig and Lava Streets.
The SW charger has been removed. The NE charger is still working.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
As mentioned by @MacRocket earlier, council did intend to install a permanent one at Flagstaff Hill. Probably more important than ever since drivers have experienced the temp one and now it is suddenly missing.

I expected the Tesla supercharger build-out to have a big year in Vic this year (after their big year in NSW last year) but 2020 has thrown that into chaos, especially in Vic.

We hadn't been to Warrnambool since last summer thanks to Covid, but went down last week and SUCH A SHAME the SC had gone (and stupidly I hadn't checked that it was still there!). Thank goodness for the charger in Leibig St and the wisdom of the local council (given we were staying in near the centre of town). The sooner Flagstaff Hill goes in the better, as Warrnambool has a lot to offer and an SC would bring us down more often!

We hadn't been to Warrnambool since last summer thanks to Covid, but went down last week and SUCH A SHAME the SC had gone (and stupidly I hadn't checked that it was still there!). Thank goodness for the charger in Leibig St and the wisdom of the local council (given we were staying in near the centre of town). The sooner Flagstaff Hill goes in the better, as Warrnambool has a lot to offer and an SC would bring us down more often!

Is Flagstaff Hill council owned property? Might be worth asking them for an update, even if just a quick email/FB message (I would but it comes better from an actual visitor to the area)

Is Flagstaff Hill council owned property? Might be worth asking them for an update, even if just a quick email/FB message (I would but it comes better from an actual visitor to the area)

I visited Warrnambool a couple of weeks ago and got ICEd at the Liebig St council charger. I will write to them about changing the charger spot to a dedicated EV charging bay (currently also a 15min loading zone) and will also ask about an update for Flagstaff Hill.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq