Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warrnambool (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How odd. This just appeared on Plugshare:

View attachment 347018

I thought if AC chargers were being installed here, one of the locals would have mentioned it in this thread? Given the timing, just after the SC was confirmed in this thread, it could be an incorrect entry.

Just went to have a look at Flagstaff Hill. No sign of anything (Supercharger or other charges).
There isn’t even any sign of works being started.
I haven’t managed to talk to council yet but will report back when I do.

Re the Warrnambool City Council's Destination Charger on the NW corner of Liebig & Lava Streets - tried it today, and it is now functioning, after at least 6 months following installation during the street upgrade ! Good news for travellers - now for the promised Supercharger at Flagstaff Hill / Maritime Village ? Let's suggest we not hold our breath !

• Love
Reactions: MacRocket
Re the Warrnambool City Council's Destination Charger on the NW corner of Liebig & Lava Streets - tried it today, and it is now functioning, after at least 6 months following installation during the street upgrade ! Good news for travellers - now for the promised Supercharger at Flagstaff Hill / Maritime Village ? Let's suggest we not hold our breath !
Thanks Wpapua,
I’ll have to pop down and give it a try.

Just went to have a look at Flagstaff Hill. No sign of anything (Supercharger or other charges).
There isn’t even any sign of works being started.
I haven’t managed to talk to council yet but will report back when I do.

Spoke to Ben Story at WCC. He has been council’s liaison person dealing with Tesla regarding the Warrnambool Supercharger to be installed at Flagstaff Hill.
Council have agreed on this location but there has been a change of staff at Tesla and the new Man is not yet up to speed with things according to Ben. There is a bit of work to happen with power for this site but Ben doesn’t know if Tesla have applied to Powercor yet.
Council are also being approached by other operators of charging systems. Wonder who that would be?
Anyway it seems Tesla need to be hurried up. Would it be worth contacting them? Don’t want to lose our prime spot.

Tesla have surprised us again with an end-of-year burst!

upload_2018-12-21_12-44-47.png

Note that this is a 2-stall so probably a sled, and they are probably still planning a permanent site at the previously speculcated location (Flagstaff Hill)

upload_2018-12-21_12-47-32.png

54C3E333-DB40-40A1-9590-017405260811.jpeg
5C7EC974-7832-4AB3-AF4E-982244785C78.jpeg
54C3E333-DB40-40A1-9590-017405260811.jpeg
Tesla have surprised us again with an end-of-year burst!

View attachment 362637

Note that this is a 2-stall so probably a sled, and they are probably still planning a permanent site at the previously speculcated location (Flagstaff Hill)

View attachment 362639

Yes at last, it’s a sled and it’s located at the Flying Hourse Inn Warrnambool just on the way into town.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 362945 One ICE'd & the other not operating at lunchtime today, Saturday. Staff within the Flying Horse unsure when it will be commissioned ! I reiterate, don't hold your breath.........
Hi WPapua, We saw you in Koroit yesterday (having towed 6 bikes to Warrnambool behind the X and got here a few days ago), we rode the rail trail and we're enjoying a coffee on the main street. Warrnambool and region is now so well set up with the council spaces (have used them three times already as better for the battery than the supercharger), plus a range of destination chargers and the supercharger for long trips. The only issue is those of us with trailers have to unhitch - such a shame the council didn't put the charging posts in the middle of the two bays (esp the northern one), rather than right at the rear.