Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warrnambool (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G’day Oz Will, Spent some time around the Lake School Celtic Music event in Koroit this past w/e. Be aware that the 2 DC’s in Liebig Street are also Loading Zones, & often occupied by delivery or trade vehicles, & not long enough for them & us ! I think we should fairly assume that the WCC/Tesla, when they eventuallly install the ‘permanent’ S/C at Maritime Village/Flagstaff Hill (even though I think the best place would be at the Flying Horse Inn or that vicinity). it will include X (& trailer) stalls ? Pleased you enjoyed our fabulous weather & the very pleasant Warrnambool to Port Fairy Rail Trail. Have done so ourselves at times.

Chuq, O/S at present. Will suss it out next weekend, if MacRocket hasn’t done so this coming week. Tks.

Hi Folks,
I will ring my contact at Warrnambool City and post this week.
The free WCC destination chargers in Liebig Street are usually unoccupied and although they have an hour maximum you won’t get a fine if you stay longer.
I have been charging there for the past year due to house renovations and overstay often without problem.
It would definitely be nice to see permanent superchargers at Flagstaff Hill as it’s close to the beach and centre of town. Lots you can do there.

Please note that CCS charger on East side of the 'skid' did not work for a Model 3 owner today. I offered to swap sides and then we were both able to charge.
20200101_102445.jpg

The Supercharger at present, has no power. Also was unpowered yesterday. I notified Tesla yesterday, said they would send a technician. I tried again just now, no go. Notified Tesla again. The Supercharger is also not appearing on the in-car map.

You would think Tesla would install a permanent site in Warnambool before sending that skid for use in Perth, then again absolutely nothing surprises me in that part of the business.

The Supercharger at present, has no power. Also was unpowered yesterday. I notified Tesla yesterday, said they would send a technician. I tried again just now, no go. Notified Tesla again. The Supercharger is also not appearing on the in-car map.
G’day Brewster, It was out on Wednesday, & still yesterday, Thursday, as a Melbourne M3 missed an appointment in Portland because of it ! The Tesla website says NOT to report Supercharger problems, as their technicians have it covered ! Not good enough, particularly if you are a traveller with a destination & deadline to get to !

Reactions: Hovean
Not good when the permanent site isn't open yet (or even construction started?). A wet winter night trip Melbourne to Warrnambool in an SR+ was already borderline. I was planning one in a couple of weeks but may have to rethink that. Relying on the Liebig St destination charger with its limited parking doesn't seem a viable option.

Checking on A Better Routeplanner it appears my SR+ Melbourne to Warrnambool and back trip can still be pretty comfortable going via Ballarat supercharger (or Chargefox) with an hour of destination charging while in Warrnambool.

Yikes. Not the expected response from "sending a technician" a few posts back. Very unusual for a sled to disappear without a new permanent site being built in the area. Presumably no activity at Flagstaff Hill, @wpapua & @MacRocket ?

Will mark as temporarily closed on supercharge.info, although I have the feeling this one might be changed to "permanently closed" sooner rather than later...

• Love
Reactions: Philbio
Being redeployed elsewhere? Has the old Bathurst sled appeared anywhere else? Even so you'd think they would wait until a permanent site was opened.
Wonder if this decision was based on demand or perhaps property issues or in fact loss of interest in expanding the Supercharging network along the Princes Highway (see Lakes Entrance and Traralgon) from Sydney around to Adelaide.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq