Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
What does everyone think about the idea of a Supercharger in Warsaw, NC? It's the only semi-populated area along the south-eastern part of I-40 and would be key for trips from the Raleigh area to the southern coast beaches. Personally, we travel to Emerald Isle all the time and while I can make it on a range charge without too much of a problem, it would be nice to be able to have a supercharger there if I wanted to be able to do a day trip to the beach or if I didn't have a place to charge while at the beach. Anyone else think this would be useful?

My proposed site is:

Quality Inn Warsaw
2676 W Nc 24 Hwy
Warsaw, NC 28398

I think that's a great idea, or at least somewhere in that vicinity. The inability to easily travel to the beach is unfortunate and this would be a great addition.
What does everyone think about the idea of a Supercharger in Warsaw, NC? It's the only semi-populated area along the south-eastern part of I-40 and would be key for trips from the Raleigh area to the southern coast beaches. Personally, we travel to Emerald Isle all the time and while I can make it on a range charge without too much of a problem, it would be nice to be able to have a supercharger there if I wanted to be able to do a day trip to the beach or if I didn't have a place to charge while at the beach. Anyone else think this would be useful?

My proposed site is:

Quality Inn Warsaw
2676 W Nc 24 Hwy
Warsaw, NC 28398

Just thought I'd note... No surprise, but the Warsaw dot got bumped to 2016 with most of the other 2015 dots not yet under construction. Glad its still there, as this would close the last major hole going out to the NC coast from the triangle area.

Recently I've preferred to drive 15/501 to Laurinburg, then cross country to Sunset Beach, avoiding Raleigh traffic. Lumberton seems only marginally out of the way. However, Warsaw would be very useful for out of state folks going that direction, or people that prefer interstate driving. Looking forward to trying it out when I get my car THIS WEEK!!

What happened to Columbia, SC?

Wilmington and Carolina Beach used to be a regular destination for us. Seeing as Charlotteans have Lumberton along the 74 corridor, I think Warsaw makes a good case. Then you have both NC Stores/Service Centers covered for going to the beach! :)

Definitely need this Warsaw Supercharger ASAP! Nearly impossible to make a quick trip from Wilmington to Raleigh and back. Does anyone make this trip? Where do you charge if you're only in Raleigh for a few hours? Do you drive out of the way to Lumberton? Help!

Definitely need this Warsaw Supercharger ASAP! Nearly impossible to make a quick trip from Wilmington to Raleigh and back. Does anyone make this trip? Where do you charge if you're only in Raleigh for a few hours? Do you drive out of the way to Lumberton? Help!

Not sure where in Raleigh you are going, but check out Plugshare. There are lots of charging options in Raleigh. If you have a CHAdeMO adapter, there are even a few around including one on the NC State campus (and one in Duke as well) that is free.

Typically in the Southpoint or Crabtree Valley areas - shocked there aren't even destination chargers available there. For a quick turnaround CHAdeMO would be the way to go. I'll give plugshare a look for NC State Campus. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The CHAdeMO at North Hills mall is convenient to 440, reliably operational and in my experience always available. Oh, and free.
SMH Just realized I had CHAdeMO filtered out from PlugShare. This North Hills is perfect. Thanks!