Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Superchargers in Warsaw NC at the Smithfield’s Chicken and Barbecue. Currently there are 4 stalls on the truck but there is room for 8 stalls.
51013B87-AB51-4418-B5CC-523935B0DD2B.jpeg
D026A0CD-E856-44FA-A0CA-90948775E3D8.jpeg
A7A540FF-D819-462D-96F1-F90A1B135668.jpeg
CD22447D-7504-4779-8E29-96C40BD04AF8.jpeg

WHOA! Crazy on so many levels...
  1. Why is this in the Japan Forum? 😹
  2. This isn't even on the official Tesla map as planned or upcoming (Find Us | Tesla) o_O
  3. Pre-made v3 pedestals should be quick to install. Might be done in the next 30-60 days🥰 (Also, look how close those powerlines are = easy install?)
  4. Why Warsaw?? Seems like an odd place. Fayetteville to Jacksonville Military connection? Fayetteville to Beach? Raleigh to Wilmington?
  5. How many other locations are "hidden" like this and not on the upcoming map? Covert mass deployment to keep the competition from finding out?
Thanks @Chuq for updating supercharge.info That is such a great resource!

Thank God! I was so bummed when the Warsaw charger was dismantled last year. It still worked long after it disappeared from the map. I prefer this exit, 364, to 385 (Wallace). Now I have the 18” wheels and MXM4 tires on my P3D, I should have enough juice to make it from my house in Raleigh to my house under construction in Wilmington, and back to Warsaw even in winter. So glad the founder of Smithfield’s is a Tesla owner.

The second attempt at a supercharger in Warsaw. I do think this is an odd choice considering Wallace exists and is not that far down 40.
I don’t. Wallace is another 21 miles down 40. I would like us to get to a point where we have Superchargers at least every 25 miles in built up areas like the I-40/85 corridors from Raleigh to GSO/Winston/Charlotte, and every 50 miles at most on more remote stretches (like the Raleigh to Wilmington route, about 130 miles). Tesla needs to build a surplus of chargers now to stay ahead of the huge growth rate of new cars.

Each of the last 4 times I’ve been to Wallace I have been the 4th car charging. If one more car came one of us would end up power sharing. That really sucks when you have to share power, especially when you’re in a hurry. With the Wilmington Supercharger so far out of the way, and Wallace only having 8 150kW chargers, I’m glad to see more v3 chargers being built on this corridor to serve the huge numbers of travelers headed to the coast. This new charging station will let people coming from places like Greensboro, Winston Salem, or even Raleigh who are going to places like Oak Island, Carolina Beach, Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach, etc. one more alternate place to charge. We need all the chargers we can get, especially if Tesla follows through opening up chargers to all EVs.

I would also like to see a Supercharger at Exit 306 (Highway 70) or 312 (Highway 42). Those are the biggest interchanges between Raleigh and Wilmington. Those chargers would keep people from having to deal with the North Hills supercharger or diverting the 4 or 5 miles off of I-40 onto NC-540 toll to get to the Cary Supercharger.

Last edited:
I would also like to see a Supercharger at Exit 306 (Highway 70) or 312 (Highway 42). Those are the biggest interchanges between Raleigh and Wilmington. Those chargers would keep people from having to deal with the North Hills supercharger or diverting the 4 or 5 miles off of I-40 onto NC-540 toll to get to the Cary Supercharger.
You're in luck! There is a coming soon for the Garner, NC location (exit 306). I would guess at the White Oak Shopping Center either at the Sheetz Gas Station (although that parking lot is already very busy/tight) or somewhere in the Shopping center itself (Near Dick's sporting good? Cabela's parking lot?)

1628737201219.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberMatt
I literally live 10 minutes away from Warsaw and just happened to catch the superchargers on the truck. Pretty cool how they are all connected into one slab of concrete!!😄
Yeah, that's REALLY cool. Not sure if you have seen these articles before:

Now that you've spilled the beans on how close you are to this new location you are obligated to provide us weekly updates 🤑 Look on the bright side though, you can also get yourself a BAR-B-Q PORK PLATTER and some sweet tea on your trip each time 😎

I don’t. Wallace is another 21 miles down 40. I would like us to get to a point where we have Superchargers at least every 25 miles in built up areas like the I-40/85 corridors from Raleigh to GSO/Winston/Charlotte, and every 50 miles at most on more remote stretches (like the Raleigh to Wilmington route, about 130 miles). Tesla needs to build a surplus of chargers now to stay ahead of the huge growth rate of new cars.

Each of the last 4 times I’ve been to Wallace I have been the 4th car charging. If one more car came one of us would end up power sharing. That really sucks when you have to share power, especially when you’re in a hurry. With the Wilmington Supercharger so far out of the way, and Wallace only having 8 150kW chargers, I’m glad to see more v3 chargers being built on this corridor to serve the huge numbers of travelers headed to the coast. This new charging station will let people coming from places like Greensboro, Winston Salem, or even Raleigh who are going to places like Oak Island, Carolina Beach, Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach, etc. one more alternate place to charge. We need all the chargers we can get, especially if Tesla follows through opening up chargers to all EVs.

Exactly. It's 90-odd miles from Raleigh, NC to Wallace, NC, and over 100 miles from Cary and Durham, plus Wallace, NC is v2.

Rather than replacing v2 Superchargers with v3, or adding v3 to v2 sites, Tesla has been adding new v3 locations between other sites. This has the advantage of improving coverage and density at the same time as offering faster charging.

Yeah, that's REALLY cool. Not sure if you have seen these articles before:

Now that you've spilled the beans on how close you are to this new location you are obligated to provide us weekly updates 🤑 Look on the bright side though, you can also get yourself a BAR-B-Q PORK PLATTER and some sweet tea on your trip each time 😎
😂 Bar-B-Q does sound good.
Very interesting articles. The prefabs probably save a ton of money and headache with installation!!

Reactions: Big Earl
You're in luck! There is a coming soon for the Garner, NC location (exit 306). I would guess at the White Oak Shopping Center either at the Sheetz Gas Station (although that parking lot is already very busy/tight) or somewhere in the Shopping center itself (Near Dick's sporting good? Cabela's parking lot?)

View attachment 695496
It’s actually going to 312 at Smithfield’s. I just saw it and took photos and talked to the guys there working. They also confirmed where the one on I-95 is going between Rocky Mount and Richmond. It’s going at the Dunkin Donuts in Halifax. They also told me they haven’t heard anything about the Chapel Hill Supercharger, meaning it hasn’t even gone up for bid yet.

he did tell me that they’re also building a bunch of chargers in Raleigh for EVGo such as at Cameron Village and Brier Creek, and a few in Durham. They didn’t know anything about any new Electrify America chargers anywhere close by.

Attachments

• 0A04B8C9-1AE0-4E05-955B-CB2950E36A1B.jpeg
    0A04B8C9-1AE0-4E05-955B-CB2950E36A1B.jpeg
    661.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 400892F7-C205-4F53-B35A-E723B0B18CC1.jpeg
    400892F7-C205-4F53-B35A-E723B0B18CC1.jpeg
    700.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 17379988-059C-46E6-B5B8-2E5114A7C975.jpeg
    17379988-059C-46E6-B5B8-2E5114A7C975.jpeg
    658.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1DF28D2E-FA82-4E80-AD86-BCCA4B8B0E2A.jpeg
    1DF28D2E-FA82-4E80-AD86-BCCA4B8B0E2A.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 84
  • D49C749E-1C5D-4899-89BA-B579400AD6CC.jpeg
    D49C749E-1C5D-4899-89BA-B579400AD6CC.jpeg
    567.1 KB · Views: 79
~40 locations throughout eastern NC plus 1 in Charlotte, so they don't have the footprint of Sheetz......
No, but where they do have a footprint, they are going all in on providing an excuse for EV owners to visit one of their restaurants over the competition.

And honestly, it will only take two or three such moves before the rest of the industry starts playing follow the leader.