Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update photos from a few minutes ago. No work being done today.

Attachments

• 58EABD9F-E929-40BC-9478-794FBF00EF8A.jpeg
    58EABD9F-E929-40BC-9478-794FBF00EF8A.jpeg
    918 KB · Views: 76
  • E530FD0C-94A9-4C2C-8730-B5197CD9BC81.jpeg
    E530FD0C-94A9-4C2C-8730-B5197CD9BC81.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
They look almost complete because they are pre fab units (see earlier pics in this thread. That means the only work done so far is placing the pre fab units in position. They still need final wiring connection. Granted that is a lot less work than at a normal site but it still involves working with the local utility. So this site probably will not be active for awhile.

They look almost complete because they are pre fab units (see earlier pics in this thread. That means the only work done so far is placing the pre fab units in position. They still need final wiring connection. Granted that is a lot less work than at a normal site but it still involves working with the local utility. So this site probably will not be active for awhile.
I dunno man, might be soon. Isn't that a big green transformer in the background and the big wooden wire spools are empty so maybe the wires have already been run. Who really knows, it could be 99% done and just sit for 2 weeks like Mebane location did.

Reactions: jrreno and Big Earl
It looks finished to me.

That large green box in the background your picture looks like it has a grey box with a glass part sticking out. Does that had a digital display with numbers on it, or is that not showing any power either? I feel like we are REALLY close to this place opening up.
The meter has been set, but it was flashing all zeroes when I stopped there last Friday. Chargers were dead and not lit up. I may be going to Wilmington today so if I have time to stop I will look.

Unless there’s an issue with something, I don’t really quite understand why it’s just sitting in a finished state, but disconnected.

Yeah it’s across NC 24 from the Quality Inn where the old superchargers were. Rumors are that the hotel owner wasn’t happy hosting the supercharger and hence it was removed.
The old Warsaw Supercharger location at the hotel was terrible. The owner/manager was a nut job. He would confront people who were charging telling them that Tesla hadn’t paid them rent, wouldn’t let people use the bathroom, etc. I heard horror stories.

The Smithfield’s across the street is not in any way affiliated with Quality Inn. The founder of Smithfield’s BBQ drives a Tesla.