Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warwick, RI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
A new Tesla supercharger is permitted and may possibly already be under construction at the Neon Marketplace, 1776 Post Rd, Warwick, RI.

Permit shows an 8 stall V3 installation.

The Neon Marketplace also has a supercharger under construction in Seekonk, MA as well, and will also be adding one in Portsmouth, RI next.

Information credited to John Rohland in RI, who was speaking with the Neon marketing team.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

Last edited:
A new Tesla supercharger is permitted and may possibly already be under construction at the Neon Marketplace, 1776 Post Rd, Warwick, RI.

Permit shows an 8 stall V3 installation.

The Neon Marketplace also has a supercharger under construction in Seekonk, MA as well, and will also be adding one in Portsmouth, RI next.

Information credited to John Rohland in RI, who was speaking with the Neon marketing team.

Note Neon is hosting a grand opening at this location and at the Seekonk location 12/22/21, so I'll bet they will be working with the contractor and Tesla to try to get both online before that date..

Reactions: kayak1
Here is a business story about Neon and their growth plans that include co-installing EV charging stations from both Tesla and ChargePoint in their new builds.

Cross-posting this business story about Neon's growth plans that include EV charging at their stations.

Construction underway confirmed at this location - thanks go to John Rohland for visiting and photos showing Gordon construction onsite and a pallet of equipment labeled for the Tesla Supercharging Station at this address as confirmation.
IMG_3650.jpeg

Doesn't help with coverage, Warwick is close to East Greenwich, but it will help with capacity because East Greenwich is maxed out. Portsmouth is the more important one because it's on the way to New Port.

East Greenwich is so slow, and half of the stalls dont even work at a given time. This is basically a replacement, in my eyes. Also, its location being right next to airport is pretty nice. I agree they should start the build soon for the islands, but Im happy with this coming soon. Cant wait for Mystic, CT as well!

I'm told the Warwick supercharger build is progressing nicely, but probably will not be completed until early January. I think the store target grand opening is 12/29 to coincide with a grand opening of the Seekonk location - this date was already pushed a week from 12/22 so.....

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
There is a Tesla Owners Club Eastern New England meet-up at the this location tomorrow, 12/29 at 10:30am for anyone who is interested. The supercharger at this site is either done, or 98% done, but not live as of today 12/28. It likely will NOT be open for our meet-up, but it's the official grand opening for this Neon Marketplace location and they are offering free brick oven pizza and a beverage I believe and we thought it would be a great opportunity to gather, and to show our appreciation to Neon for hosting EV charging at their locations.

Come by at 10:30 if you're interested - but assume the supercharger will NOT be live.

1776 Post Rd, Warwick, RI

Reactions: JaeTheDev and EdA
There is a Tesla Owners Club Eastern New England meet-up at the this location tomorrow, 12/29 at 10:30am for anyone who is interested. The supercharger at this site is either done, or 98% done, but not live as of today 12/28. It likely will NOT be open for our meet-up, but it's the official grand opening for this Neon Marketplace location and they are offering free brick oven pizza and a beverage I believe and we thought it would be a great opportunity to gather, and to show our appreciation to Neon for hosting EV charging at their locations.

Come by at 10:30 if you're interested - but assume the supercharger will NOT be live.

1776 Post Rd, Warwick, RI

Sadly, I was hoping that my vehicle would be ready for this meetup. Its just about done fixing after a deer headbutted my quarter panel.

Soon as its done, and Im back in action, Ill shoot a message here and maybe we can meet up again?

Warwick is done, except for finishing touches on landscaping being done today and... a missing big green transformer (and meter). Gordon construction was onsite this morning wrapping things up (site cleanup?) along with the landscapers that remained the rest of the day laying down sod, etc.... No telling how long that will take for the transformer - hopefully soon.

We had a good meetup at the location today with about 10 people. As it was the grand opening of this Neon Marketplace location, they were offering free pizza and samples of other food - brought out to us as we stood outside enjoying each other's company.
IMG_5871.jpeg
IMG_5870.jpeg