Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Washington, DC (Market Street NE)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first 27 posts in this thread are the result of merging two threads on this Supercharger.

One more possible location found.

Ticket No: 19485240
STANDARD
Original Call Date: 07/17/19 02:52 pm
Op / Rev Op: mdpert / mddana
Response Due By: 07/19/19 03:00 pm
Release Time: 07/17/19 03:26 pm
Expiration Date: 08/07/19 15:00 pm

TICKET ACTIONS

CALLER INFORMATION

Company Name: BISCON AERO
Fax Phone:
Contact Name: GREG CONDON
Phone: 717-938-3591
Caller Address: 60 MAPLEWOOD DR ETTERS,PA 17319
Email Address: [email protected]
Job Site Contact: GREG CONDON
Phone: 717-938-3591

DIG SITE INFORMATION

Type of Work: INSTALL OF ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING STATION
Work Being Done For: TESLA CORPORATION
Explosives: N
Permit:
MDOT Permit:
Job Number: 190556

DIG SITE LOCATION

State: DC
County: NE
Place: NE
Subdivision:
Address:
Street: MARKET ST NE
Intersecting Street: FORT LINCOLN DR NE
Extent of Work: MARK A 100FT RADIUS OF THE SW CORNER OF THE SOUTHERN MOST INTERSECTION PROVIDED
Remarks:
Map Coord NW Lat: 38.9230546
Lon: -76.9532691
SE Lat: 38.9214430
Lon: -76.9511753

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I was just looking for more information on these pending DC superchargers.

How were you able to search building permits? Best I've figured out how to do is by address. But looking at the pending locations on Tesla's webmap the addresses I've got from Google maps are:

700 12th St SE
601 Pennsylvania Ave NE (National Arboretum)
1315 Irving St NW
1240-1260 16th ST NW (Scott Circle)

But maybe these addresses are just aspirational?

Awesome, I was just looking for more information on these pending DC superchargers.

How were you able to search building permits? Best I've figured out how to do is by address. But looking at the pending locations on Tesla's webmap the addresses I've got from Google maps are:

700 12th St SE
601 Pennsylvania Ave NE (National Arboretum)
1315 Irving St NW
1240-1260 16th ST NW (Scott Circle)

But maybe these addresses are just aspirational?
The pending locations on Tesla's map are just pins placed on the town's name. They have zero relevance to the actual location. The information that I have discovered is through the Miss Utility web site, not the permit of the local jurisdiction.

The pending locations on Tesla's map are just pins placed on the town's name. They have zero relevance to the actual location.

Thanks for that clarification. So it would make sense that the permit you've discovered above is meant to cover the pending SC location with a pin on the National Arboretum! Looks like a nice shopping center for a supercharger.

Thanks for that clarification. So it would make sense that the permit you've discovered above is meant to cover the pending SC location with a pin on the National Arboretum! Looks like a nice shopping center for a supercharger.
It's not a permit. It's a request to the area utilities to mark any buried lines in and around the relevant property so that the surveyor can draw a complete and accurate site plan. This is needed for the site design and engineering phase of development and it comes well before an actual building permit is ever applied for, if that even happens at all. Some locations will get surveyed but the plan to build a supercharger at that location is later dropped either because Tesla chose another location or because of some other barrier, or the plans are placed on an extended hiatus, etc.

If digging/construction at a supercharger site was imminent there would be another, almost identical request for the utilities to mark the underground lines so that the construction crew wouldn't accidentally hit them while digging.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
2AA9F80D-461A-47F3-8E84-160CE9B09E4A.png
Here is a better map. Also Google, but from iPhone.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
How were you able to search building permits? Best I've figured out how to do is by address.

The trick I use is to go here, then download a month's worth of permits as a CSV file. Then in Excel, you can search for Tesla, charg, etc. to find superchargers. I was unable to find this one (as expected since it appears to be in design phase) but I stumbled across this site on Wisconsin Ave NW whose permit was issued yesterday.

Just came across a second permit that is approved for Tesla to install superchargers in Washington DC. This one is for
2438 Market ST NE, which is in the Lowe's lot (near Costco, etc) off of Rt 50/New York Ave on the DC/MD border.

B2000417 Alteration and Repair Permit 10/10/2019 2438 MARKET ST NE
Description of Work
Install electric vehicle charging station for Tesla Inc. in parking lot and landscape island of parking area. It will include installing (3) supercharger cabinets, (12) charge posts. (1) electrical switchgear, and (1) utility transformer.

Permit was filed 10/10/19 and approved 10/28/19. Details can be seen by entering the permit number here:
Permit Application Status Tracking

This looks like a great location for a Supercharger - there is lots of parking available, the lot is free, and it is an easy stop if you are headed into or out of DC via the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, US 50 or 295. Given the description of 3 cabinets and 12 charge posts, is the a V3 or an Urban configuration?

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

Just came across a second permit that is approved for Tesla to install superchargers in Washington DC. This one is for
2438 Market ST NE, which is in the Lowe's lot (near Costco, etc) off of Rt 50/New York Ave on the DC/MD border.

B2000417 Alteration and Repair Permit 10/10/2019 2438 MARKET ST NE
Description of Work
Install electric vehicle charging station for Tesla Inc. in parking lot and landscape island of parking area. It will include installing (3) supercharger cabinets, (12) charge posts. (1) electrical switchgear, and (1) utility transformer.

Permit was filed 10/10/19 and approved 10/28/19. Details can be seen by entering the permit number here:
Permit Application Status Tracking

This looks like a great location for a Supercharger - there is lots of parking available, the lot is free, and it is an easy stop if you are headed into or out of DC via the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, US 50 or 295. Given the description of 3 cabinets and 12 charge posts, is the a V3 or an Urban configuration?

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP
V3. Thanks for the find. Supercharge Info has been updated

Reactions: MrMassTransit
I drove through the whole complex and didn’t see any signs of utility or survey markings. Here are some pictures of the area in question. Doesn’t look like a great place to hang out at night - note the security camera towers with their flashing blue lights.

View attachment 471762 View attachment 471763 View attachment 471764 View attachment 471765 View attachment 471766
You looked in the wrong spot, though (we'll have to get SC.info to move the blue dot, too). While the address is a match for Lowes', it's also the address for the whole "Shops at Dakota Crossing" plaza. And the specific area the chargers are going to go is here, in the corner of the lot immediately NE of PetSmart. At least, that is where they did the the July utilities survey (see the prior thread on the matter: Supercharger - Washington DC NE (possible)).

I drove through that section of the lot, too. I found no markings anywhere in the shopping center. I even checked at Costco just for fun.

If I remember correctly, there is a new building in the grassy spot shown on Google satellite view, so it will surprise me if they actually end up in that corner.