Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Washington, DC (Wisconsin Ave NW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a search of Washington DC's permits database, I found permit B1911377 issued 7/17/2019. Its description is

Tesla to install four (4) Tesla Supercharger cabinets, eight (8) Tesla Charging Stations, one (1) 480V Distribution Panels. and one (1) disconnect & Meeting Cabinet.

The address is 1855 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC 20007, which has a parking garage attached to retail space.

It’s been on the site since yesterday noon, Eastern Standard time
CE296435-8F32-4671-9B8D-573ED035A1A7.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson and Chuq
Wow, amazing. That would be a full hour and a half BEFORE this thread started.
WOW! Sorry for the grave mistake! I was only trying to make an approximate estimation, but I guess you would have preferred I said that the marker was on Supercharge Info within 45 minutes of the thread being started (the time I checked Supercharge Info), so that would mean the Supercharger location was added on site within the times of 1:24 PM to 2:09 PM. There ya go!

After quoting this paragraph from myself, I’ll state: I have a life, ya know???

After finding a new DC permit today, I decided to make a trip after work to the site of the first DC supercharger permit to see if there had been any progress. Indeed, it looks like installation is almost finished. I didn't bring my car so I couldn't tell whether or not these are powered yet, but given that the cones are still present and Safeway is blocking several the spaces with their trucks, I would guess they aren't. The transformer was behind a locked door so I couldn't verify whether or not it was present. I'll swing back with my car in a week or two and see if they are online.

Sorry about the poor angle of the photos, there was very heavy traffic in the garage when I was there so I was limited in where I could stand and take a few shots. There's also a few J1772s in the garage that have been there for some time. No charge to park here. They are towards the back of the garage, but its so busy here I can see these occasionally getting ICEd, even if Safeway gets a bit better about where they park their trucks.

IMG_E6626.JPG

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_E6627.JPG

@Chuq @BlueShift @MarcoRP

After finding a new DC permit today, I decided to make a trip after work to the site of the first DC supercharger permit to see if there had been any progress. Indeed, it looks like installation is almost finished. I didn't bring my car so I couldn't tell whether or not these are powered yet, but given that the cones are still present and Safeway is blocking several the spaces with their trucks, I would guess they aren't. The transformer was behind a locked door so I couldn't verify whether or not it was present. I'll swing back with my car in a week or two and see if they are online.

Sorry about the poor angle of the photos, there was very heavy traffic in the garage when I was there so I was limited in where I could stand and take a few shots. There's also a few J1772s in the garage that have been there for some time. No charge to park here. They are towards the back of the garage, but its so busy here I can see these occasionally getting ICEd, even if Safeway gets a bit better about where they park their trucks.

View attachment 471660

View attachment 471662

View attachment 471661

@Chuq @BlueShift @MarcoRP
No worries, the photos say well enough. This Supercharger is under construction for the first one in the capitol! Updated, thanks again for the update!

Reactions: preilly44
This is exciting, hopefully they don’t have the issues they continue to have in Arlington as of 11/2/19. I imagine it won’t, as the Arlington issue seems to be unique. My guess is that if they charger opens soon it will remain quite crowded until they fix Arlington (18 stalls still having issues).

1- since when? 2- where the heck did you hear that?

1.) The site is currently listed as "coming soon" on PlugShare with 6 destination chargers. Not sure how it got there.

2.) I'm asking a question about PlugShare's stance on Superchargers that are coming soon. As far as I know, their position has been that Superchargers are not added until Tesla adds them to the car's navigation system. I'm wondering why this location is different.

Edit: nevermind - it's gone now. This is the second time someone has added destination chargers at this location and mods have removed it.