Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Washington, DC (Wisconsin Ave NW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today to check. Still no power. The cover is off one of the pedestals and the fencing has been removed.

IMG_7393.jpg IMG_7392.jpg IMG_7391.jpg

I added it to plug share a while back when it was in the early construction phase just to give hope to locals who have been dealing with the crappy one in Arlington/ Clarendon... checked again today and it’s still powered down but looks ready to go. One in the middle looks damaged with the Pannel hanging off.

On my way to DC next weekend. First trip down in M3 to visit my son in DC who lives a couple of blocks away. I was hoping this SuperCharger would be open, but doesn't look like it. Is the closest one in the Arlington parking garage? Why is the one in Arlington crappy?

Many of the stalls in Clarendon fail to function. I have the best luck on the outside edges, especially 1A/B. While I have always been able to charge, sometimes I have to try a few stations before one works for me. I have never experienced this anywhere else.

Last week I went from 2B to 8A before one worked. Went grocery shopping (nice), and came back to see three tesla's charging in spots that I couldn't get working!?

I reported this to the supercharger@tesla email, but no reply. Maybe the problem is upstream power capacity?

Many of the stalls in Clarendon fail to function. I have the best luck on the outside edges, especially 1A/B. While I have always been able to charge, sometimes I have to try a few stations before one works for me. I have never experienced this anywhere else.

Last week I went from 2B to 8A before one worked. Went grocery shopping (nice), and came back to see three tesla's charging in spots that I couldn't get working!?

I reported this to the supercharger@tesla email, but no reply. Maybe the problem is upstream power capacity?

The charging issues in Arlington seem to be Model 3-specific. I have a 2017 LR RWD that is really picky about which chargers in Arlington will work with it, yet my friend’s 2019 LR AWD has no issues with any of the Arlington chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: jesselks
On my way to DC next weekend. First trip down in M3 to visit my son in DC who lives a couple of blocks away. I was hoping this SuperCharger would be open, but doesn't look like it. Is the closest one in the Arlington parking garage? Why is the one in Arlington crappy?
The are many Superchargers in the DC area. You could visit Laurel on your way up and down 95. There is also a Urban Supercharger in Riverdale, MD if you are near that side of DC. Check supercharge.info (for Tesla Superchargers) and Plugshare.com (Tesla and other chargers) for other options.

One thing to note is the there's a $6 fee to enter the Arlington garage. I believe you can get the ticket validated if you purchase from certain nearby businesses but I don't have the details.

In the same garage as this supercharger (the DC one) there are a few level 2 free public chargers. At an off-peak time it would probably be fine to plug in for a few hours. That'll probably be the most convenient option if your son is a few blocks away.

One thing to note is the there's a $6 fee to enter the Arlington garage. I believe you can get the ticket validated if you purchase from certain nearby businesses but I don't have the details.

2 hour free validation at Whole Foods. All you have to do is scan the parking ticket at the machine near the exit door.

By the way, checked the Georgetown SC and still not powered on yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: kevinf311