Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Water Mill, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Credit goes out to @mociaf9 for finding a One Call ticket for excavation work in Water Mill New York. I’ve done a bit more digging and found a permit for building 8 V3 Superchargers and 1 ChargePoint DC Fast charger. The Supercharger will be located at The Mill shopping center at 760 Montauk Highway. Will add on Supercharge Info!

84030AFA-0BB5-4B01-A542-31FA8060C8EF.jpeg

The project description on the cover page says 3 cabinets and 12 posts;)
I wouldn’t say the number of stalls if I didn’t know it. 8 Superchargers will be installed ;)
B7FFAAC0-06DD-4973-9024-AA043107ADEA.jpeg

I’ll send the full plans of the development for the sake of it. I take there was an error in transcription. All the draw-ups show 8 stalls.
0CD113F9-B198-42C2-825A-A048987838D2.jpeg
B725BD2B-2230-46AF-AFD0-02AD96FAF17A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah description says 3 cabinets and 12 pedestals, but drawings show 2 cabinets and 8 pedestals. So I'm guessing final product will be 2 cabinets one of which only half working and 5 pedestals plus 26 level 2 destination chargers formed in a circle.

If nothing else, discrepancy in plans will delay completion.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
I was a little perplexed as to why they are building a SCer at this location.. there is ALREADY another supercharger 5.6 miles away...

but then when I googled I found a commercial space at this new location that once housed Soul Cycle classes. in my household we haven't been very big on Soul Cycle for several years. back when we were all about the Soul Cycle you had to track out to Bridgehampton, NY to get your Soul Cycle on..

Still, I think that a SC on the North Fork or in Manorville, NY is much more necessary.

that said, i'm out east these days and I'm running into S, 3, and X constantly. But I can't imagine these Tesla owners don't have a way to charge at home. then again, I had to add a level 2 career out here (and i'm so glad I did.) Perhaps not everyone with a home out here has gone thru the same motions?

that said, i'm out east these days and I'm running into S, 3, and X constantly. But I can't imagine these Tesla owners don't have a way to charge at home. then again, I had to add a level 2 career out here (and i'm so glad I did.) Perhaps not everyone with a home out here has gone thru the same motions?

The big issue is all the visitors/house renters. You go out for the weekend - say leaving from NYC - 100+ miles each way. There is definitely a need for a SC out there. But just as much need for one on the North Fork. Riverhead would cover both nicely. I used to go out every August to drop my daughter at camp on Shelter Island.

There is a good place - How about right at the SI ferry - charge while waiting

I was a little perplexed as to why they are building a SCer at this location.. there is ALREADY another supercharger 5.6 miles away...

but then when I googled I found a commercial space at this new location that once housed Soul Cycle classes. in my household we haven't been very big on Soul Cycle for several years. back when we were all about the Soul Cycle you had to track out to Bridgehampton, NY to get your Soul Cycle on..

Still, I think that a SC on the North Fork or in Manorville, NY is much more necessary.

Definitely need another... or at least make Southhampton bigger. During the weekend rush all stalls are used on the Southhampton SC and the next one out is Islandia. Bit of a SC desert.

I happened by this the other day. No mention of it on Tesla Super Charger planned sites, but someone added it to Google Maps. It appears to be ready, but they have not yet removed the covers on the superchargers. Very nice to see these as this little center is sort of a health hub - SoulCycle, Provisions Healthfood Grocery, Hamptons Float Center, Cryotherapy, etc. - can't think of a better recharge spot for mind/body/car. ; )

Address: Station Road, Water Mill, NY 11976

Attachments

• IMG_4856.jpeg
    IMG_4856.jpeg
    673.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4857 2.jpeg
    IMG_4857 2.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4857.jpeg
    IMG_4857.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 131