Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waterbury CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this one appear on supercharge.info and noticed it didn't have a thread. No more details but given it is marked as "under construction", anyone nearby should be able to confirm!

upload_2018-10-14_17-14-35.png

Close up of the specific area:

upload_2018-10-14_17-15-19.png

Anyone been by there recently? The pictures seem to show the site/conduit/pad work done, but no Tesla equipment installed yet - or even on site.

Saw a pic in the FB Group for CT Tesla Owners with some equipment installed, but still in the early stages. Tesla's site says expected in 2019, but Torrington still shows 2018.

To be fair, calling Pepe's "pizza" is like saying a Tesla is just a "car." :)

When I worked in New Haven in the early 90's, we'd go Pepe's, Sally's, or Modern all the time.

+1 on the New Haven pizza - I grew up in the city and prefer Modern, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Is that a transformer by the cabinets? Often that is what takes the longest; once that is installed it seems the superchargers go live pretty quickly.
The Supercharger "head" units are in the 2nd picture taken today by "ST50MAINT" - they are the leftmost 4 white cabinets ganged together behind the stop sign at the start of the retaining wall. Each head unit supports 2 of the Tesla charging posts, of which there are 8 for this location. The 5th cabinet is the circuit breaker panel for all 4 cabinets. The rightmost cabinet is the pullbox for all the cables running out to the Charging posts.

The Supercharger "head" units are in the 2nd picture taken today by "ST50MAINT" - they are the leftmost 4 white cabinets ganged together behind the stop sign at the start of the retaining wall. Each head unit supports 2 of the Tesla charging posts, of which there are 8 for this location. The 5th cabinet is the circuit breaker panel for all 4 cabinets. The rightmost cabinet is the pullbox for all the cables running out to the Charging posts.

Look carefully out to the right of that, sort of hidden by the tall grass and behind the two orange-ish bollards and the cones, you'll see a big green cabinet that looks like it could be the transformer. Good camouflaging.