Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waterloo, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
waterloo/cf tesla owners where do you guys get your tires rotated ?

Sorry but this was the only spot I thought I would get some local recs.

Discount Tire can do it. They have you drive the car into the bay, so you don't need to worry about key cards or auto locks or any Tesla specific features. That being said, I do it myself. You just need a jack, jack pad, and lug wrench. There's a "Iowa Tesla Owners Club" on Facebook that might be good for these type of questions.

Non-update here - just chiming in to say that this charger can't come soon enough. I made a run yesterday from Cedar Rapids to Albert Lea. Departed with 97% and pulled into the Albert Lea SC with 4%. Temperature was 17-22F and I was going pretty close to the speed limit the whole time. It was a slightly harrowing experience since the nav system originally estimated 11% arrival (not that this is unexpected, based on my past experiences).

Keep a buffer, people!

Non-update here - just chiming in to say that this charger can't come soon enough. I made a run yesterday from Cedar Rapids to Albert Lea. Departed with 97% and pulled into the Albert Lea SC with 4%. Temperature was 17-22F and I was going pretty close to the speed limit the whole time. It was a slightly harrowing experience since the nav system originally estimated 11% arrival (not that this is unexpected, based on my past experiences).

Keep a buffer, people!
I completely agree. If you ever do that drive again and need a little charge, stop in Mason City and you're welcome to use my wall connector for a little extra buffer!

Keep a buffer, people!
The way I do it is I start 5-10 under speed limit and keep watching the navigation, if it raises the estimate (10->11%) I bump the cruise control 1mph higher.
Rinse and repeat every 5 min. Gets you there without the nerves in the shortest amount of time, and no need to slow down at the end.

Keep a buffer, people!
Also, the Nav knows nothing about the weather. The reason you arrived with less than the expected 11% is because the temperature was significantly lower than the temps in the 60s that the Nav assumes. You knew it was colder, but the Nav didn't. You need to adjust accordingly by driving more slowly and using less heat.

Just drove by. There is definitely something going on. There are carts tipped upside down outlining what looks to be the spot for the super charger. No ground breaking yet and I could not locate any installation equipment so not quite yet but something is gonna happen very soon! The cart barrier is directly north of the midamerican energy chargers.
20210317_165636.jpg
20210317_165632.jpg
20210317_165552.jpg

Just drove by. There is definitely something going on. There are carts tipped upside down outlining what looks to be the spot for the super charger. No ground breaking yet and I could not locate any installation equipment so not quite yet but something is gonna happen very soon! The cart barrier is directly north of the midamerican energy chargers. View attachment 645380View attachment 645381View attachment 645382
Just needs a transformer and a meter and it will be good to go!

Just drove by. There is definitely something going on. There are carts tipped upside down outlining what looks to be the spot for the super charger. No ground breaking yet and I could not locate any installation equipment so not quite yet but something is gonna happen very soon! The cart barrier is directly north of the midamerican energy chargers. View attachment 645380View attachment 645381View attachment 645382
I hope this is it! I mean, what else could it be really.

Reactions: Danner36