Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waterloo, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called the HyVee Flammang and the girl said the Tesla Charger is up and running but there were no cars at them. I dont live in the area any longer so I'm confused. Are there L2 chargers that are confusing the situation?
There are Greenlots chargers that are up and running which is probably what that person thought you were talking about, especially since Teslas can use them via a CHAdeMO adapter. @BradStyve's photo shows their Model Y at those chargers.

Reactions: BradStyve
So I called the HyVee Flammang and the girl said the Tesla Charger is up and running but there were no cars at them. I dont live in the area any longer so I'm confused. Are there L2 chargers that are confusing the situation?
I pretty much never bother trying to get such information from that type of local source. Unless they are an EV owner and really know what they are talking about, you're almost guaranteed to get bad information. Not maliciously, just through simple ignorance. Things like you're asking about Tesla specific hardware, but to the uninformed "Tesla" just means any EV at all and not specifically Tesla. Or they'll see that a supercharger's stalls have been erected and it looks like the construction work is finished. Therefore they immediately assume that the location is operational even though it might still have weeks or months to wait before the utility transformer is installed and it gets connected to the electrical grid, etc. They're trying to be helpful, but they don't know what they don't know, so you end up getting information that is wrong or inaccurate in some apparently minor but crucial point.

Reactions: sdoorex
Sunday 03-21-2021 no change, just Carts laid out.View attachment 646965
So Hy-Vee puts up these outdoor garden centers in some of their store parking lots during spring. I am worried this closed out space might be for that, not for the SC. There isn't much we can do other than waiting at this point. Especially when it is hard to get a hold of someone who actually will know what's going on.

Reactions: Danner36
So Hy-Vee puts up these outdoor garden centers in some of their store parking lots during spring. I am worried this closed out space might be for that, not for the SC. There isn't much we can do other than waiting at this point. Especially when it is hard to get a hold of someone who actually will know what's going on.
Crap I never thought about that. Hopefully this isn't meant for a outdoor garden tent.

Yes. I was the one who posted it on Facebook following @corywright linking the OneCare site on here.
I don't think that is the case, they had basically 8 stalls roped off with carts and enough room to work when I was there last week. There was an additional partial stall at the end that probably won't be used as it's a bit small. I think it's actually happening and based on location I would assume they do other installs that are scheduled near by.

442A5F05-2219-4D25-82D9-2D37387DF546.jpeg

Concrete broke

Interesting that some sites use the the precast bases while others are wet poured on site. You would think many of the wet pour locations would be well suited for the precast bases.
This site was listed as Q1 target open. I’m guessing the construction will go fairly quickly but final commissioning by Memorial Weekend. I won’t be disappointed if its open by mother’s day though 😉

Last edited:
Interesting that some sites use the the precast bases while others are wet poured on site. You would think many of the wet pour locations would be well suited for the precast bases.
This site was listed as Q1 target open. I’m guessing the construction will go fairly quickly but final commissioning by Memorial Weekend. I won’t be disappointed if its open by mother’s day though 😉
It can't come soon enough for me. Going to Iowa Falls from Madison tomorrow. I am going to need a full charge in Dubuque for my SR+ to make it 144 miles without anxiety. I just need it to stay under 293 wh/m to get there with 10%.