Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waterloo, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took some more pictures yesterday

PXL_20210426_165927037.jpg
PXL_20210426_165930690.jpg
PXL_20210426_165952736.jpg
PXL_20210426_165956201.jpg
PXL_20210426_170013207.jpg
PXL_20210426_170027199.jpg
PXL_20210426_170031895.jpg

If anyone happens to talk to one of the workers, or the Supervisor, could you please ask when the SC’s will likely be operational?
Thanks!
Any estimate that anyone gets from a worker or supervisor will be aspirational at best. These things take time and the length of the actual commissioning process is all over the board. Back when the St. Louis Park supercharger was being built, I'm pretty sure construction had finished sometime in early March and it didn't go online until the end of May.

Any estimate that anyone gets from a worker or supervisor will be aspirational at best. These things take time and the length of the actual commissioning process is all over the board. Back when the St. Louis Park supercharger was being built, I'm pretty sure construction had finished sometime in early March and it didn't go online until the end of May.
I kinda figured that it might be a slow process. The announcements of new Supercharger locations are almost always followed by delay-delay-delay!
Thanks for the info!

I spoke with an electrician today. Took a picture but nothing new since others have updated. I did ask and he confirmed it was a V3 charger going in. He said 0-80% in 15 minutes and V3. I don’t know if that is new but I did not see it confirmed earlier.
That is good to know!
I don’t know if they still install V2’s in some places. Maybe if some areas don’t have the electrical capacity for the 250kw V3 SC’s.
I’m very glad to hear that these will be V3 Superchargers!
I wonder if these on-site electricians would know anything about when the final testing, or commissioning of these SC’s would be scheduled to be completed? I know that is unlikely, and even if they know of scheduled dates, those dates can easily change, but I am still very curious to know of a possible opening date, as I am planning a trip, and these SC’s would make things so much easier!

On my last mobile service visit, was told that Tesla has shifted a lot of employees to the expansion of SuperChargers. With the projected increase in sales they need to keep that network growing to meet the increasing demand.

Would sure be nice if hey can get one going near Fort Dodge along HWY 20, that would really make the trek from Eastern Iowa to Sioux Falls, SD much quicker w/o having to go up to I90 and over.

The new Waterloo / Sioux City will certainly help during the warmer months but winter doubt I could make it from Waterloo to Sioux City.

Tesla Model Y LR

On my last mobile service visit, was told that Tesla has shifted a lot of employees to the expansion of SuperChargers. With the projected increase in sales they need to keep that network growing to meet the increasing demand.

Would sure be nice if hey can get one going near Fort Dodge along HWY 20, that would really make the trek from Eastern Iowa to Sioux Falls, SD much quicker w/o having to go up to I90 and over.

The new Waterloo / Sioux City will certainly help during the warmer months but winter doubt I could make it from Waterloo to Sioux City.

Tesla Model Y LR
Get Tesla's Chademo adapter ($450). There are third party DC fast chargers in Ft. Dodge and Early (plus Emmetsburg and Sheldon). They're not as fast as SuperChargers, but plenty fast enough to make getting from Waterloo to Sioux Falls stress free.

Reactions: MattChristian
Get Tesla's Chademo adapter ($450). There are third party DC fast chargers in Ft. Dodge and Early (plus Emmetsburg and Sheldon). They're not as fast as SuperChargers, but plenty fast enough to make getting from Waterloo to Sioux Falls stress free.

CHAdeMO adapter is only $400 now. Even better.

Wow, thats a stretch. I realize you could back up further or be firther to the left towards the line, but the placement of these is suspect. It looks nice but way less wiggle room with those short cords than the standard back in straight against the supercharger style.....
Yea I was noticing that as well. It looks like you could for one back up furth and also swing the cord the other way around the charger too. Either way I wonder what the thought was putting them in this way.

Reactions: starman27