Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waterville, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A permit has been issued for a Tesla supercharger in Waterville, ME. It will be located in the parking lot of the Hannaford supermarket with an address of 140 Elm Plaza, Waterville, ME 04901.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

Source?

I've seen construction in the lot putting in a slab, but didn't see any conduit and I thought it might be something like a Clynk redemption center. However, I did note that the slab is in one row of the parking spaces, but another 8 parking spaces were coned off.

However, that might just be a coincidence, and the charging might go somewhere else.
That location makes sense as a location off I-95. More convenient than the Augusta Supercharger. Access to points north.

Last edited:
Construction hasn't started yet in Waterville. So, that probably is a Clynk install.

The City of Waterville confirmed a supercharger project is planned for this location. The actual building permit paperwork is still in progress - which is normal and can lag behind the project approval itself. Depending on contractor availability (we all know how many "coming soon" locations there are and growing), this site could be built this summer I would think.

Related: I was hopeful Camden was close to being permitted but the Camden planning board was reviewing a future Clynk installation in their Hannaford and it was not a supercharger. The Camden planning board acknowledged Tesla had been in discussions with them for the Hannaford, but withdrew the application prior to it coming up for approval.

Construction hasn't started yet in Waterville. So, that probably is a Clynk install.

The City of Waterville confirmed a supercharger project is planned for this location. The actual building permit paperwork is still in progress - which is normal and can lag behind the project approval itself. Depending on contractor availability (we all know how many "coming soon" locations there are and growing), this site could be built this summer I would think.

Related: I was hopeful Camden was close to being permitted but the Camden planning board was reviewing a future Clynk installation in their Hannaford and it was not a supercharger. The Camden planning board acknowledged Tesla had been in discussions with them for the Hannaford, but withdrew the application prior to it coming up for approval.

Thank you. I'll post here if I see any construction.

Hannaford or Subway the food choices in the Plaza, but a crosswalk will get you to some other places.

(And I'll probably keep going to the redemption place I use rather than use Clynk. Takes more time, but the time saved would only be wasted doing something dumb like post about a charging network I'm never going to use.)

Waterville, ME

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Hannaford
Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-201
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Brewer, ME - 57.8 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Medway, ME - 114.3 miles

US-201

To: Skowhegan, ME - 19.9 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Jackman, ME - 90.9 miles

Another day, another prospective Maine Supercharger at Hannaford.
I-95, and also close to US-201. For those traveling I-95, provides an alternative to the v2 Augusta Supercharger.

Also, the OSM -> Mapbox -> Supercharge.info mapping is a bit messed up there.
Gas station exit is actually also a cut through to the Hannaford Lot.
And you can't turn left out of the gas station. There's a raised median between Armory Rd and Waterville Commons Drive.
EDIT: I did actually once see somebody turn left out of the gas station. Probably following GPS. :p
Maybe I'll try to fix OSM this evening.
The exit line to turn left to get back to I-95 can _occasionally_, at the busiest times, get backed up a bit, but still normally clears in a single cycle.
EDIT: the exit from the Plaza is actually 3 lanes (left, straight, right) and there's another exit as the southern end of the Elm Plaza, which is why the back up is never too bad.

1652791590678.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdreamer
MapBox hasn't updated yet, but I edited Open Street Map to divide the road where there's a raised median between Armory Rd and Waterville Commons Drive. I also lowered the speed limit, which was dropped from 35 to 25 a while ago.

Supercharge.info shows my ugly (but fundamentally more correct) update, but the Mapbox mapping is still allowing the bad left.

@corywright @Chuq @MarcoRP

Please move the cone to 44.56903211361284, -69.63946938514711 or similar.
The chargers will be in the small lot close to Main St, next to the gas station.

3 Supercharger cabinets so up to 12 stalls.
Pedestal bases are there, and there are 3 brown boxes, which I guess could be 4-packs for the stalls.

There has already been some trenching done along Main St.
There's work being done at nearby gas station so conceivably it could be connected to that, but it's within the fence with the Tesla stuff.

Not sure how they're going to arrange the stalls.
There are 9 spots along the edge close to Main St, and the fenced-off area includes the edge of the lot along Elm Plaza (on Supercharge.info).
So they may take a few spots along Elm Plaza as well to make it 12.

Since the parking will be close the Main St, hopefully they'll do some work to make the crosswalk across Main St accessible.
There's Hannaford and a Subway in the Elm Plaza, and you can take a crosswalk at the traffic lights across Main St (be aware not many pedestrians use it, which can affect driver behavior) to get to an area with a Chinese restaurant (Ming Lee, the most popular in Waterville) and the Five Guys (there is paved access to it through the lot). (Also Little Caesar's but, come on, you have a Tesla.)

There are other places within reasonable walking distance, but there aren't as accessible, requiring you to cross without crosswalks.

Attachments

• 20220710_133413.jpg
    20220710_133413.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220710_133422.jpg
    20220710_133422.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220710_133533.jpg
    20220710_133533.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220710_133642.jpg
    20220710_133642.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 96
@corywright @Chuq @MarcoRP

Please move the cone to 44.56903211361284, -69.63946938514711 or similar.
The chargers will be in the small lot close to Main St, next to the gas station.

3 Supercharger cabinets so up to 12 stalls.
Pedestal bases are there, and there are 3 brown boxes, which I guess could be 4-packs for the stalls.

There has already been some trenching done along Main St.
There's work being done at nearby gas station so conceivably it could be connected to that, but it's within the fence with the Tesla stuff.

Not sure how they're going to arrange the stalls.
There are 9 spots along the edge close to Main St, and the fenced-off area includes the edge of the lot along Elm Plaza (on Supercharge.info).
So they may take a few spots along Elm Plaza as well to make it 12.

Since the parking will be close the Main St, hopefully they'll do some work to make the crosswalk across Main St accessible.
There's Hannaford and a Subway in the Elm Plaza, and you can take a crosswalk at the traffic lights across Main St (be aware not many pedestrians use it, which can affect driver behavior) to get to an area with a Chinese restaurant (Ming Lee, the most popular in Waterville) and the Five Guys (there is paved access to it through the lot). (Also Little Caesar's but, come on, you have a Tesla.)

There are other places within reasonable walking distance, but there aren't as accessible, requiring you to cross without crosswalks.
Cone moved and stalls updated.

• Helpful
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
I have been informed by somebody* that the Supercharger stalls are up. I didn't get a count but "more than a few". I should be able to get a better look at the progress at the weekend.

Same person said they weren't there yesterday, but noticed people working this morning, and looked like they were pulling wires. Maybe getting in early before it gets hot.

* Who tolerates my Supercharger obsession

Last edited: