TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Wausau, WI (Hilton Garden Inn)

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by PLUS EV, Sep 11, 2017.

1. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

Hi everybody! Apologies if there is already a thread for this supercharger. If there is, I couldn't find it as it was not linked to supercharge.info.

I stopped by this location yesterday and the supercharger itself is completely finished. The stalls are numbered and the electricity is humming. However, the parking lot itself is off-limits as it is not paved yet and the hotel is still under construction (looks like they're getting close though).

Coincidentally, I ran into a Tesla tech doing repairs at a nearby supercharger and we ended up chatting for quite a while. Extremely knowledgeable and really nice guy. Almost wish I got his phone number but I felt like that might be pushing it too hard lol. Anyways, the topic of this supercharger came up and he said that he tested it all and it was all ready to go but he cut the power to the bollards themselves for now so that no one would be tempted to charge (he was looking at me as he said this!).

I took a couple night time pics. Can post them later if anyone is interested. If you are wondering when it will open, you might try finding out when the hotel opens. It's likely the supercharger will open around that time.

• Informative x 2
  2. PwrOutage

PwrOutage Member

#2 PwrOutage, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Yeah, in the general thread. Here But I'll repost here, it's nice to get it's own thread. Funny about cutting the power, I would of drove my Honda through there if the road blocks weren't up. Hotel's deadline to open is October last I read. You can find out more here: Ghidorzi Companies (@ghidorzico) | Twitter

It's ridiculous how much we are able to find out about these supercharge location openings, we have informants everywhere.

3. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

• Like x 1
  4. David99

David99 Active Member

Why two Superchargers so close together in an area that doesn't have a lot of traffic?

5. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

The old one was a temporary 2 stall. I think it will likely be removed.

6. kkitzhaber

kkitzhaber New Member

It would seem unlikely that Tesla would go through all the work of finishing off any supercharger station only to remove it one year later. It is properly paved, landscaped, and the grass has barely had a chance to grow. I used it when it was brand new. That was 6-7 months ago. I bet they'll keep it.

7. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

Not sure if we're talking about the same place, but the older 2-stall supercharger in Wausau has been there for a year. I don't recall much paving and landscaping. It was just a temporary supercharger like the ones they move around in California.

8. sdoorex

sdoorex Member

The temporary supercharger is no longer listed on Tesla's website. They still list the destination charger at the hotel.

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  9. Brendan

Brendan Member

Just confirming the old 2 stall supercharger has been removed. The space is now paved over and is a parking lot now. Gotta wonder where these old pallet types will end up.

10. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

I sure could recommend a few locations: Hayward, Hurley, Ashland, Escanaba, Sturgeon Bay, ...

Gee, did I miss any? o_O

11. MNGreene

MNGreene Member

Yes. Since this mobile SC has moved NW from Chicago to Wausau, maybe it should keep going NW, to Fargo!

• Like x 1