Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SSupercharger - Milwaukee, WI (Showroom and Service)

Permit dot on Supercharge Info?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No. Need more info

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I literally don’t know how this hasn’t been posted here yet. I just found several articles and a couple of Reddit posts about a Showroom and Supercharger proposal in Wauwatosa, WI (near Milwaukee). Tesla supposedly filed a request with the Wauwatosa planning commission about hosting this location. To comply with state laws, as Wisconsin state forbids Tesla dealership sales, Tesla wants for this location to be used uniquely as a showroom, and customers can order a vehicle online (Tesla will also install a service center). On the design renderings Tesla submitted to the city, the name TechCo was used to label the Showroom. On one of the renders (photo below), you can see 6 Supercharger stations next to the store. I’m not sure if the state or the city shut down the proposal so far as I have not found any follow-up articles (except the 3rd one on the list).

The proposed showroom and service center is located at 11333 W Burleigh St

0949C593-36B6-4949-8FA2-00D98A7A5AFA.jpeg

Just a few articles I found on this topic. The first four may be worth reading but after that you’re just wasting your time.
https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...s-wauwatosa-for-first-wisconsin-showroom.html (locked for non-members, but has the most info)
Is a Tesla dealership considering a location in Wauwatosa? Rumors persist. (also has quite a bit of info, refers to article above)
Electric car maker Tesla plans its first Wisconsin service center for Milwaukee's far northwest side (this one mentions a different possible service center a couple exits away from Burleigh St)
Tesla eyes Wauwatosa for first Wisconsin showroom, service center : teslamotors (Reddit)

Tesla eyes Wauwatosa for first Wisconsin showroom, service center
Wauwatosa Wisconsin : Tesla eyes Wauwatosa Wisconsin showroom service center | Scoopnest
Tesla plans first Wisconsin service center for Milwaukee
http://www.watda.org/proxy/files/Dealer Point/DP_Spring_19.pdf (P. 14, a bit after the page about bread)

Not happening......

"In April, a planned mixed-use development in Wauwatosa that included a Tesla showroom was rejected by city officials partly over concerns that it wouldn't bring enough activity to the site."

They also claim they do not want car dealerships in the city limits. The ones that are there are grandfathered. The site was a former Dodge dealership.

Tesla has another site they are working on. It's questionable there will public Superchargers on site as Tesla needs the charging capacity themselves.

I literally don’t know how this hasn’t been posted here yet. I just found several articles and a couple of Reddit posts about a Showroom and Supercharger proposal in Wauwatosa, WI (near Milwaukee). Tesla supposedly filed a request with the Wauwatosa planning commission about hosting this location. To comply with state laws, as Wisconsin state forbids Tesla dealership sales, Tesla wants for this location to be used uniquely as a showroom, and customers can order a vehicle online (Tesla will also install a service center). On the design renderings Tesla submitted to the city, the name TechCo was used to label the Showroom. On one of the renders (photo below), you can see 6 Supercharger stations next to the store. I’m not sure if the state or the city shut down the proposal so far as I have not found any follow-up articles (except the 3rd one on the list).

The proposed showroom and service center is located at 11333 W Burleigh St

View attachment 519990

Just a few articles I found on this topic. The first four may be worth reading but after that you’re just wasting your time.
https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...s-wauwatosa-for-first-wisconsin-showroom.html (locked for non-members, but has the most info)
Is a Tesla dealership considering a location in Wauwatosa? Rumors persist. (also has quite a bit of info, refers to article above)
Electric car maker Tesla plans its first Wisconsin service center for Milwaukee's far northwest side (this one mentions a different possible service center a couple exits away from Burleigh St)
Tesla eyes Wauwatosa for first Wisconsin showroom, service center : teslamotors (Reddit)

Tesla eyes Wauwatosa for first Wisconsin showroom, service center
Wauwatosa Wisconsin : Tesla eyes Wauwatosa Wisconsin showroom service center | Scoopnest
Tesla plans first Wisconsin service center for Milwaukee
http://www.watda.org/proxy/files/Dealer Point/DP_Spring_19.pdf (P. 14, a bit after the page about bread)

They have a building all set up with Logo outside and everything. Looks like a service center on Silver Spring and Hwy 45. Don't know about chargers.

They have a building all set up with Logo outside and everything. Looks like a service center on Silver Spring and Hwy 45. Don't know about chargers.
There is apparently a Supercharger under construction here, per user @whitmore0112 on the Supercharge Info Forum:

“Construction underway for first Tesla service station in WI. 12011 W Silverspring Dr. Includes superchargers.”
No photos were given, so if anyone could check on the progress that would be great. Thanks

There is apparently a Supercharger under construction here, per user @whitmore0112 on the Supercharge Info Forum:

“Construction underway for first Tesla service station in WI. 12011 W Silverspring Dr. Includes superchargers.”
No photos were given, so if anyone could check on the progress that would be great. Thanks

It will not be a public SuperCharger. Most Service Center have removed their SuperChargers from the map.

Reactions: emorog
The info I’ve obtained so far is this: “There were a couple of cored holes through the asphalt in the front parking area with wires coming up through and separate steel parking guard posts as if they were going to serve as supercharger protection.”

Although no photos were given, I’d say this is enough intel (due to current circumstances) for me to add it on Supercharge Info.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: emorog and PStewart
Milwaukee SC, WI

Along Primary Interstates: I-41
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-41, US-45
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-41

To: Oshkosh, WI - 74.7 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Howard, WI - 124.2 miles

Density on I-41.
Also on US-41 (mostly concurrent with I-41) and US-45.

The info I’ve obtained so far is this: “There were a couple of cored holes through the asphalt in the front parking area with wires coming up through and separate steel parking guard posts as if they were going to serve as supercharger protection.”

Although no photos were given, I’d say this is enough intel (due to current circumstances) for me to add it on Supercharge Info.

I think what I was seeing for the cored holes, wires and protection posts is actually the area where the Tesla sign is. I don't see any other indication of Superchargers. Sorry.... you might want to pull this supercharger location until we can get more info.

I have to agree with @whitmore0112, I don't think there will be Superchargers at this site, which is a shame as it is only a couple of miles from my house. It would be good to have a closer option to Supercharge if I ever needed it. I took a couple of pictures over the weekend, looks like they are getting pretty close to opening.

Attachments

• IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 114
I have to agree with @whitmore0112, I don't think there will be Superchargers at this site, which is a shame as it is only a couple of miles from my house. It would be good to have a closer option to Supercharge if I ever needed it. I took a couple of pictures over the weekend, looks like they are getting pretty close to opening.
Well, the spaces are marked. But I do apologize for jumping the gun here

I was wondering why the permit pin said 1 stall. I thought it had to be a typo, but now I see it should actually read 0 stalls.
The Service center near me used to keep one of their HPWCs available after hours for drop-ins, but I don't know if they still do that and if they do, how conscientious they are about remembering to keep one open.