Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wawa, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Confirmed by @DiscordianDave .
The Wawa Supercharger is currently under construction at 95 Mission Rd, Wawa ON.

Screenshot by @mociaf9 on a post from the SPG Wawa on Facebook which confirms the existence of Supercharger construction.
B797720B-7AC4-4EE3-ABCA-798AB20850F0.png

I also found a comment from Gasbuddy in which someone said there are currently SpCs under construction at that gas station.
39978E91-9B59-4602-8611-9DDF89BB16AD.jpeg

I’ll add this location on Supercharge Info. Finally, for another Supercharger to confirm the buildout in West Ontario.

So who’s gonna be the first to do an onsite report up in these remote Ontario locations?
We never even had a Permit notice on this one.

In theory White River, ON will be next if that contractor crew is working its way west. The same goes for the Crew heading East from Winnipeg. Perhaps White River has been Permitted and no one knows about it yet.

Fwiw, I can’t wait for the Northern route to be connected. I’ve always wanted to do the circle tour of lake Superior. Now even more reason to do it once it’s Electrified. Perhaps a bucket list item for next summer.

Reactions: navguy12
So who’s gonna be the first to do an onsite report up in these remote Ontario locations?
We never even had a Permit notice on this one.

In theory White River, ON will be next if that contractor crew is working its way west. The same goes for the Crew heading East from Winnipeg. Perhaps White River has been Permitted and no one knows about it yet.

Fwiw, I can’t wait for the Northern route to be connected. I’ve always wanted to do the circle tour of lake Superior. Now even more reason to do it once it’s Electrified. Perhaps a bucket list item for next summer.

I stopped in White River this weekend and didn't see anything, however it was nighttime and I will admit I wasn't looking.

Since I was curious to know, and since I had already called an ESSO at White River last week to verify hours, I just called them back again and asked about electric charging - they told me that Tesla superchargers are going to be installed at XTR gas station in the next month (it sounded like common town knowledge based on the discussion I overheard when she was asking someone else). I'm guessing that would qualify as permitted

Lady I spoke to said they expected it to be 5 bays, so it seems to be the exact same pattern as we're seeing at other new locations across Ontario

5 posts seems abnormal since V2’s are paired and V3’s are 4 post capable.

Here are some Street views of the possible WhiteRiver,ON XTR site. These locations may give new meaning to the term ICED.

3795BA04-7DCF-4B98-989F-F9D28D8BA883.jpeg

CC161776-F858-4877-BC8C-679A2B1EBECD.jpeg

F5C72E21-B4F7-42BD-8043-5C9B417DC642.jpeg

40B1FD52-A3D7-4876-B6F0-1E5EEA5D948E.jpeg

Last edited:
Wawa, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-17
Along Provincial Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Routes: None

TCH/ON-17

To: Sault Ste Marie, ON (Construction) - 223.7 km
Diversion: 4.3 km
To: Blind River, ON (Construction) - 364.3 km

To: Sudbury, ON - 524.7 km

Still a significant gap to Sault Ste Marie, ON, but there really isn't much between there and Wawa, ON so Tesla might have trouble finding a host to fill that gap. Maybe they can persuade the hydropower owners to allow them to hook up close to a station.

Last edited:
Wawa, ON
Still a significant gap to Sault Ste Marie, ON, but there really isn't much between there and Wawa, ON so Tesla might have trouble finding a host to fill that gap. Maybe they can persuade the hydropower owners to allow them to hook up close to a station.

I've driven north of Sault Ste Marie a number of times and the only gas station I can think of between the Soo and Wawa is at Bachewana Bay. In Bachewana you see this sign
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 9.35.10 PM.png

Bachewana is listed as a "Coming in 2019" site by Tesla

Last edited:
I remember heading north to Wawa a few years after Trudeau rammed metrification down the throats of protesting old timers. There was a billboard outside the Soo with a picture of the emblematic Wawa Goose, that said:

"200 Goose Steps to Wawa! (kilometers)"

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I've driven north of Sault Ste Marie a number of times and the only gas station I can think of between the Soo and Wawa is at Bachewana Bay. In Bachewana you see this signView attachment 450170

Bachewana is listed as a "Coming in 2019" site by Tesla
Good call re: Batchawana Bay - I spoke with the lady at Voyageur Pump there just now and she basically confirmed they will be getting a supercharger but no work has started yet (see Eastern Canada thread for more details)

Reactions: navguy12