Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wawa, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C8873237-9C59-4773-B756-3A30A76D6FA0.jpeg

Drove to Vancouver with our Volt in October. One thing to keep in mind is, that in our experience, it was difficult to get a hotel in Wawa. The are plenty of hotels/ motels but there is a new Hydro line being built in the area and most of the rooms are booked by the workers. Don’t know when the work will be completed. Imagine our chagrin when in October we had to call around about seven hotels to get the last room, not just in the inn but in the whole town I suspect.

I remember heading north to Wawa a few years after Trudeau rammed metrification down the throats of protesting old timers. There was a billboard outside the Soo with a picture of the emblematic Wawa Goose, that said:

"200 Goose Steps to Wawa! (kilometers)"
Good thing old man Trudeau had some vision or we would be only the third country in world who is not “metrified”.

Reactions: AlbertaNetZero
Good thing old man Trudeau had some vision or we would be only the third country in world who is not “metrified”.
Funny, I initially read this as "Only third-world country not metrified." But yes it is convenient to be metric - however, the only measurement I really have trouble with in kilograms - I still have to mentally convert to pounds. I grew up with British units before they switched to metric. Weather below 0ºF I have to convert to ºC to grasp, Km and mi work either way. 4 liters is a gallon, etc. Building measurements, like the industry, I still do in feet and inches. Anyone much younger is much less confused.

Funny, I initially read this as "Only third-world country not metrified." But yes it is convenient to be metric - however, the only measurement I really have trouble with in kilograms - I still have to mentally convert to pounds. I grew up with British units before they switched to metric. Weather below 0ºF I have to convert to ºC to grasp, Km and mi work either way. 4 liters is a gallon, etc. Building measurements, like the industry, I still do in feet and inches. Anyone much younger is much less confused.
I grew up with the old system and still have trouble with the conversions but it was the right thing for the country. Like converting to EV’s, many are not happy but it’s the right thing to do.

I grew up in Wpg with British units, then Canada changed to metric just before I moved to Alberta. I still think of all distances in Manitoba in miles and elsewhere in Canada in km.

Reactions: Andy O