Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wayne, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I might know why this one is delayed. In NJ, Tesla has been favoring Wawa convenience stores and Target department stores, so they’re prime locations to look for. Whereas there are Targets on multiple sides of Wayne, it wouldn’t make sense to build another in it BUT there was supposed to be a Wawa opening in 2019 on Route 23 on the site of the former Nagels Candy Barn (across the highway from the BMW dealership). This would be not far the intersection of 80/46/23 and a central location for a supercharger, but there has been a lot of push back from the community saying “we don’t need another gas station”.

I’d say Boonton might be another option, but that’s been finished for months and they haven’t even come around to turn it on...

• Informative
Reactions: jcoop and anthonyj
When anyone gets more info about a Supercharger in Wayne New Jersey, please reply to this post.

I was I’m thinking of going to Wayne Township some day and see if they have pulled any permits.

Cool, thanks! The most obvious locations would be WIllowbrook Mall or the new Wawa that is supposed to be built on Route 23.

Reactions: jcoop
The most obvious locations would be WIllowbrook Mall or the new Wawa that is supposed to be built on Route 23.

I agree with Shateam that it's likley going to be near Willowbrook or Route 23, or somewhere in the vicinity of the "spaghetti bowl" where Rt 80, Rt 23, Rt 46 all merge.

For the old Shell station / Dunkin Donuts site on Rivervew Drive, that's probably too far away for Tesla to consider since Superchargers are usually located along major routes.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Whole Foods has an agreement with Tesla to locate superchargers on their property? If so, there is a Whole Foods being built in Wayne, NJ. Thanks.
They just finished building a new Whole Foods in Parsippany (although it’s actually right over the border in Mountain Lakes, technically) and despite having “Low Emissions Vehicle” parking reserved up front, it has no charging infrastructure. Not even a ChargePoint setup.

Those parking spots are generally filled with Hondas, Toyotas, and even Minis, as most are technically considered LEVs. Good concept, poor execution.