Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Weatherford, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely not good news here. I was planning a trip Friday using Weatherford.

How does one verify that a site is working ?

I can use the OKC Chademo if I have to, but I'd like to know how much juice to add at Shamrock before I head east.

- - - Updated - - -

Just called Roadside Assistance to find out what to expect. They tell me the SC in Weatherford has been up and down due to problems from the local electic company.

It is down right at the moment, but could be back up in an hour.

They have a team on site working on the issue, and they suggested I call back when I leave to know whether Weatherford is up or not.

I checked back with Roadside Assistance. They tell me that the SC was down for only a short time yesterday, and it has been up nonstop since then and they aren't seeing any problems with it.

So looks like we are good to go tomorrow. Just in case, I'll be sure I can reach OKC before I leave Shamrock.

Weatherford is down again.

Just like Matt, I plugged in, everything seemed good for a couple seconds, then there was a loud thunk from a small cabinet behind 2B.

I tried other stalls to no avail.

Tesla service was nice on the phone, says that whatever their fix was on Wednesday obviously wasn't working.

Since I planned ahead and charged enough for OKC , I had enough juice to make the ATC ChadeMO.

Thanks Matt for posting your experience, that enabled me to have a 'Plan B' and not mess up my trip.

This is my review of this SpC location based on our recent trip:

Location - easy 1 minute off I-40 in the parking lot of this diner called Lucille's Roadhouse.

Charging rate - awesome! Better than the general rule of (125kW - battery SOC) rate.

Facilities - very good. Didn't try the Lucille's Roadhouse but reviews seem good. We walked 3 minutes to the Fastlane Travel Plaza, and their family bathrooms are extremely CLEAN! There is also a Holiday Inn Express next door. For what it's worth, the Weatherford Regional Hospital is also within 5 min walk.

This is my review of this SpC location based on our recent trip:

Location - easy 1 minute off I-40 in the parking lot of this diner called Lucille's Roadhouse.

Charging rate - awesome! Better than the general rule of (125kW - battery SOC) rate.

Facilities - very good. Didn't try the Lucille's Roadhouse but reviews seem good. We walked 3 minutes to the Fastlane Travel Plaza, and their family bathrooms are extremely CLEAN! There is also a Holiday Inn Express next door. For what it's worth, the Weatherford Regional Hospital is also within 5 min walk.

Lucille's is a Route 66 styled establishment that is worth a visit. The original Lucille's was a service station and auto court outside Hydro, OK, which was run by Lucille Hamons for almost 60 years. She became known as 'the Mother of the Mother Road' for her legendary hospitality and longevity. The old service station is on the National Register of Historic Places and its Hamons Court neon sign is now in the Smithsonian. Lucille ran her service station right up until her death in 2000, by which point it had become a gift shop for Route 66 travelers. After that the property closed and was sold to a Route 66 enthusiast. The new owner agreed to preserve it, which he did, and then he built Lucille's Roadhouse just 4 miles away in Weatherford. The front is an architectural tribute to the original service station, which has living quarters over the pumps.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JClu