Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Weatherford, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An article appeared in the Weatherford Daily News on February 24th. The headline on the front page in bold pronounced: "Tesla charging station coming to Weatherford". A construction photo was included with the hotel in the background. It was the front page article that caught the attention of a long time work associate who remembered to contact me.

Thanks to Coy Sullivan who has a business in Weatherford, OK for calling me today and sending the photos. Coy wrote: "The location is Exit 84 from I-40. It is on the NW corner of the intersection of Airport Rd and I-40. Should be open in 1 to 2 weeks."

He mentioned to me that it is between Lucille's Roadhouse at 1301 N Airport Rd, Weatherford, OK 73096-3310 and the Holiday Inn Express at 3825 E Main St. As the first photo shows, the SuperCharger spots are in Lucille's Customer Parking. According to Coy's wife, "Lucille's Roadhouse" is the best in town. Tesla Motors gets it right again!

Very timely installation for visiting the SuperCharger and St. Patrick's Day celebrations in Shamrock, TX.

To check today's front page news in Weatherford, click the following link then click the image of the page: http://www.etypeservices.com/Weatherford Daily NewsID210/

View west towards Weatherford Regional Hospital:
16430032137_50350d2734_c.jpg

Camera pointed northwest:
16611397616_144dcf4b34_c.jpg

Camera facing southeast with Lucille's Roadhouse behind the construction:
16637332265_25c4e2f6d1_c.jpg

View south towards Holiday Inn Express:
16430034597_4438ef6c3c_c.jpg

The red pin is at front of Lucille's and the purple pin is at the SuperCharger location.
16450527530_b8365ffbb6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Stafford Air & Space Museum in Weatherford

Just a little over a mile away from the Weatherford SuperCharger is a 40,000 square foot museum that will interest all who admire Space X. The Stafford Air & Space Museum, is located at 3000 Logan Road, Weatherford, OK 73096.

Stafford Air Space Museum

Associated with the Smithsonian Institution since 2011, this will be a must stop for all Tesla drivers and their passengers. Enjoy the web pages and make plans to visit during your drive to Oklahoma.

Stafford Air EXHIBITS

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little over a mile away from the Weatherford SuperCharger is a 40,000 square foot museum that will interest all who admire Space X. The Stafford Air & Space Museum, is located at 3000 Logan Road, Weatherford, OK 73096.

Stafford Air Space Museum

Associated with the Smithsonian Institution since 2011, this will be a must stop for all Tesla drivers and their passengers. Enjoy the web pages and make plans to visit during your drive to Oklahoma.

Stafford Air EXHIBITS

Thanks for the pointers... that looks like a fun side-trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads-up Mark Z.
Stafford Air & Space Museum does look to be an interesting stopping off destination, sort of a cross of Smithsonian's National Air & Space Museum @ Dulles and NASA outside of Houston.

And this would work out well (if the Superchargers are open), as I plan to come to Shamrock on Friday, March 13.
Right now, I have a main (direct) path thru Burkburnett (KOA RV Park) and two other Options to make it to Shamrock, depending on the status of two future Supercharger stations.
IF both Ardmore and Weatherford are completed, I will take the path with all Superchargers (a bit further, but still about 1.5 hours quicker).

Right now, it looks like Weatherford has a chance to be completed, but weather and final utility hook-up sometime slow things down.

Here are the latest photos taken Monday, March 2, 2015. The word from Coy is, "The men doing the wiring went home to New Mexico for the weekend. They should be back tonight to finish the job." Thanks again Coy for providing this recent update to the Weatherford, Oklahoma SuperCharger location.

Looking carefully at the new photos, I will guess that the extra small cement foundations could be for a future solar canopy. Tesla Motors needs to consider making those solar panels hail proof. The red handled device on the left side of the installation appears to be a frost proof yard water hydrant.

16512655519_ea4b2daaee_b.jpg

16076461164_be555d5d28_b.jpg

16512656299_90a0637d6b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Progress photos - March 6, 2015

Plenty of progress to report today. Coy wrote: "I talked to a worker who said electrically they were about finished. Just need to install a couple of light poles."

Sounds like those "extra small cement foundations" I mentioned in a previous post are for light poles instead of a solar canopy. Makes sense with the style of construction compared with the multiple foundation bolts installed at a solar canopy location. Click the link to view a solar canopy foundation.

California - Barstow Supercharger News - Page 27

As the Weatherford photos show, the completed SuperCharger stations are installed and covered with plastic as we have seen at other locations when close to completion. Glad the weather is clear so work can proceed to the final inspection sooner.

Enjoy the latest photos from Coy Sullivan:

16549084429_00a85cd4ba_b.jpg

16549085339_1d0639b717_b.jpg

16733982291_316e1fda3b_b.jpg

16733982901_8295dffbcb_b.jpg

Last edited:
Weatherford Progress Photos - March 10, 2015

Not sure where the construction team is now working. Two photos arrived today from Coy with this comment: "The Tesla charging station appears to be finished except for the orange cones in front. May be waiting on final inspection. No workers around."

The light standards look great. Other than powering on, there could be some landscape or gravel installation planned. I hope that the first person to Supercharge in Weatherford will take a photo and post the historic moment.

Update: According to a post from Chris TX on the Ardmore web page, a Supercharger Tech who is flying into Dallas on 3/10 will activate both Ardmore and Weatherford on Wednesday, March 11, 2015. More information is available at this link:

Link to: Supercharger - Ardmore, OK - Page 4

16590116450_1a723bbac1_b.jpg

16776372381_1782f545ff_b.jpg

Last edited:
Latest News From Weatherford

I called Lucille's Roadhouse Tuesday night to find out if the Tesla Supercharger logo lights were on. Answer, "no".

Coy Sullivan sent this update at 10:35 AM on Wednesday, 3/11/15:

"Tesla rep on site. Hopes to have Weatherford open later today. Will then go to Ardmore. Hopes to open it tomorrow."

16599166200_6c433a00fa_b.jpg

"Work is progressing. This is served by Caddo Electric Coop. I attached a picture of the Tesla Representative standing by his Tesla." (update from Coy at 12:22 PM 3/11/15)

So if all goes well, the Weatherford Supercharger could be available for charging sooner than Ardmore! Keep your eyes on the Tesla Supercharger map by clicking this link: Find Us | Tesla Motors

Last edited:
Weatherford is up on Tesla's SC search...
Here is the link to show the map with the Weatherford information: Find Us | Tesla Motors

The news with a photo of the first car charging at the station on Wednesday is published in the Weatherford Daily News for Thursday. This link shows the daily front page, so the story and photo will only be there for a day. http://www.etypeservices.com/Weather...y%20NewsID210/

Click the smaller image of the newspaper to see a larger image. One trial issue of the entire paper can be downloaded for free one time.

Last edited: