Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Webster, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has this SC shown up in anyone's car/app? Still absent in mine as of today.
I'm wondering if they haven't set it as live on the map yet because not all the charging pedestals are working? I was there Saturday and the back-in stall furthest from the building wasn't live.

Maybe they don't want to flag it as operational until they get to the point that everything is on, and once it is all working any problems are handed off to a maintenance group within Tesla (who doesn't want it until it is all working). There could even be some meaningful reason for this in the contracts for the GC and other contractors, if there are performance bonus/guarantee completion dates windows or final payment due upon opening the SC or something.

I'm wondering if they haven't set it as live on the map yet because not all the charging pedestals are working? I was there Saturday and the back-in stall furthest from the building wasn't live.

Maybe they don't want to flag it as operational until they get to the point that everything is on, and once it is all working any problems are handed off to a maintenance group within Tesla (who doesn't want it until it is all working). There could even be some meaningful reason for this in the contracts for the GC and other contractors, if there are performance bonus/guarantee completion dates windows or final payment due upon opening the SC or something.

charged there today at full speed, the two in the "middle" are still not lit.
No charge showed up today, but I'm sure it will appear.
Stopped at Columbus on the way down from Austin and its in a sorry state, with two bad stations.

I post Supercharger sessions to PlugShare when I remember to. It’s still a good way to inform fellow travelers.
Tho I haven’t even looked yet to see if Webster has a listing...
Yep. Did for Columbus, but Webster is in the weird state that PlugShare use before a site is official. It’s in there as a private wall charger instead of supercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler