Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Webster, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice find! I gather this means it'll be V2 rather than V3.
Almost certainly. IMO, like 99.995% it's V2. If anyone local wants to try to confirm it one way or the other, the supercharger cabinets have a shipping/inventory label in the upper corner. Get a zoomed in and legible shot of one of those (see highlight below/attached) so that we can read what it says, and it'll tell us exactly what type of supercharger this will be. Also, if anyone goes by, can you confirm the number of supercharger cabinets. Based on the associated filings posted up thread, there should be 5 of them (for 10 stalls). But in Fox's pictures, it looks like there might be 6. If so, they might be putting in 2 more stalls than expected.

Supercharger- Webster, TX_label highlight.jpg

Attachments

• Supercharger- Webster, TX_label highlight.jpg
    Supercharger- Webster, TX_label highlight.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 81
Went by this morning... six 135kw stalls
Excellent! Thanks.

For anyone wondering, you shouldn't be confused by the the 135 kW number. This is how the traditional-style, V2 supercharger cabinets have always been labeled. So, this location will have what had colloquially been called 120 kW superchargers. Now that Tesla has started changing operational parameters to increase throughput, and as Tesla updates firmware, they will actually support up to 145 kW in some limited circumstances (i.e. unpaired stall, low SOC, and preconditioned battery).

Excellent! Thanks.

For anyone wondering, you shouldn't be confused by the the 135 kW number. This is how the traditional-style, V2 supercharger cabinets have always been labeled. So, this location will have what had colloquially been called 120 kW superchargers. Now that Tesla has started changing operational parameters to increase throughput, and as Tesla updates firmware, they will actually support up to 145 kW in some limited circumstances (i.e. unpaired stall, low SOC, and preconditioned battery).
I was about to comment on that. While I've seen plenty of online mentions of 145kW, I've never in person seen anything above 135kW. Was wondering if anyone has a photo of a real life labeled 145kW SCII.

Is it just me or are other people starting to get annoyed at how many people are complaining and speculating about every new Supercharger popping up under construction not being V3 since its' release?

Starting? It happened to me very shortly after The Event. I don't want even to see a mention of it outside people actually trying a "beta" site.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I was about to comment on that. While I've seen plenty of online mentions of 145kW, I've never in person seen anything above 135kW. Was wondering if anyone has a photo of a real life labeled 145kW SCII.
So far as I'm aware, there's no change to the labeling. It's the exact same hardware, just with different firmware that raises the output power limit.

Yes, it is super annoying to those of us who read tons of supercharger threads, but I believe we are in the minority!

Think you're on to something - the ones ones complaining in this Texas topic hail from Montréal, Maine, and Seattle.

Of the regional forums I only hang out here; and am, of course, interested in when I'll get to try out V3 in Texas.

Think you're on to something - the ones ones complaining in this Texas topic hail from Montréal, Maine, and Seattle.

Of the regional forums I only hang out here; and am, of course, interested in when I'll get to try out V3 in Texas.
We provide a valuable service in letting you know that these will most certainly NOT be v3 superchargers. We can also aid in navigating the San Antonio area using existing superchargers!