Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Webster, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Forgot to add photo
20190502_155608-PANO.jpg

Attachments

• 20190502_155608-PANO.jpg
    20190502_155608-PANO.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 77
Hadn’t checked this thread for a while.
This is great. I’ve noticed a pretty significant uptick in Tesla’s in the Clear Lake/League City area.

Not a big deal for me, but like I said in an earlier post, there is a sizable population of apartment / condo / townhouses dwellers in the area.

Looks like it will be done just about the time my free Supercharging expires.

Edit: Wonder why there’s no pin in the map? This is stealth. I was up at the Westchase Service Center back in Feb. and they didn’t know anything about it.

Last edited:
Hadn’t checked this thread for a while.
This is great. I’ve noticed a pretty significant uptick in Tesla’s in the Clear Lake/League City area.

Not a big deal for me, but like I said in an earlier post, there is a sizable population of apartment / condo / townhouses dwellers in the area.

Looks like it will be done just about the time my free Supercharging expires.

Edit: Wonder why there’s no pin in the map? This is stealth. I was up at the Westchase Service Center back in Feb. and they didn’t know anything about it.
Yeah...not on the Tesla Supercharger map, but there was a member on here that ran into some Corp Rudy's folks (at NW Houston SC?) who tipped them off about Webster. Also informed us that Rudy's in Katy on I-10 near Mason Rd wasn't a candidate due to limited parking.

Yeah...not on the Tesla Supercharger map, but there was a member on here that ran into some Corp Rudy's folks (at NW Houston SC?) who tipped them off about Webster. Also informed us that Rudy's in Katy on I-10 near Mason Rd wasn't a candidate due to limited parking.
Nor any other Rudys in Texas, IIRC. Only one up in OK, I think in the OK City area? But they were not specific about which one there, because there are 2 or 3 in that area.

Reactions: STDRDC13
It seems like it'd be more expensive to install them this way, perhaps Tesla's discovered this layout gets ICEd less frequently.
Because nobody wants to park in that PITA crap? LOL

The Perry SC having them is roughly makes absolutely no sense for that reason, if you've ever been to it. To ICE it you'd have to want to ICE, and this goofy configuration does nothing to stop it, either. Just park across the entrance, block same as otherwise.

Really Denton doesn't, either. It isn't really near anything. That's the key, don't put them in Handicap type places. Put them in "last place you'll park in the lot" places.

Because nobody wants to park in that PITA crap? LOL

Since 2005 I'd driven a Honda S2000 (owned 2 during that time).

Just under a year ago I picked up my 3. A few days later the screen went black while I was driving on beltway 8 on the west side of Houston. Called Tesla support, they had me try a few things, then had me take it to the Westchase service center. They ended up replacing the computer, I suspect the integrated video had gone out.

This was a few days before a planned road trip to Wisconsin. Tesla gave me a loaner S100D and said to take it on the trip - so nice compensation for my troubles as that was free charging for a 3000 mile round trip.

So I went from a small 2 seater sports car to a huge sedan. On the trip we charged twice (there and back) at the Texarkana Supercharger, which has this style of charger. I had no difficulty whatsoever using it.

Maybe you just need to more practice parking?

Reactions: Dr. J and BerTX