Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Webster, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 2005 I'd driven a Honda S2000 (owned 2 during that time).

Just under a year ago I picked up my 3. A few days later the screen went black while I was driving on beltway 8 on the west side of Houston. Called Tesla support, they had me try a few things, then had me take it to the Westchase service center. They ended up replacing the computer, I suspect the integrated video had gone out.

This was a few days before a planned road trip to Wisconsin. Tesla gave me a loaner S100D and said to take it on the trip - so nice compensation for my troubles as that was free charging for a 3000 mile round trip.

So I went from a small 2 seater sports car to a huge sedan. On the trip we charged twice (there and back) at the Texarkana Supercharger, which has this style of charger. I had no difficulty whatsoever using it.

Maybe you just need to more practice parking?
I prefer this design, but I do occasionally have trouble with it -- not in pulling in, but in backing out. If there is no car next to me, for some reason I tend to want to start turning and almost hit the stanchion to the right that I don't really see. Just have to be conscious of pulling straight back.

Since 2005 I'd driven a Honda S2000 (owned 2 during that time).

Just under a year ago I picked up my 3. A few days later the screen went black while I was driving on beltway 8 on the west side of Houston. Called Tesla support, they had me try a few things, then had me take it to the Westchase service center. They ended up replacing the computer, I suspect the integrated video had gone out.

This was a few days before a planned road trip to Wisconsin. Tesla gave me a loaner S100D and said to take it on the trip - so nice compensation for my troubles as that was free charging for a 3000 mile round trip.

So I went from a small 2 seater sports car to a huge sedan. On the trip we charged twice (there and back) at the Texarkana Supercharger, which has this style of charger. I had no difficulty whatsoever using it.

Maybe you just need to more practice parking?
LOL

Backing in gives better sight lines, AKA safer, leaving. This is part of why I back in basically everywhere I park. It’s even better when other vehicle beside me do (especially when they have heavy window tint).

Those posts out front create pinch points, too. They make the stalls artificially narrower.

PS I’m sure ICEing happens, but nearing 30K in miles in Ive yet to see it once at a SC.

I prefer this design, but I do occasionally have trouble with it -- not in pulling in, but in backing out. If there is no car next to me, for some reason I tend to want to start turning and almost hit the stanchion to the right that I don't really see. Just have to be conscious of pulling straight back.
Exactly this. It front loads easy [sorta, but not really] & makes it harder getting out.

Plus I’m freaking Batman leaving the Batcave. Every time. :)

That would be me :)
Yeah...not on the Tesla Supercharger map, but there was a member on here that ran into some Corp Rudy's folks (at NW Houston SC?) who tipped them off about Webster. Also informed us that Rudy's in Katy on I-10 near Mason Rd wasn't a candidate due to limited parking.
SC'ing at the Rudy's @ 290 / BW8 and ran into corporate folks here. Chatted with them about how Rudy's views the SCs and what other locations are in the pipeline.

Indicated they're, that is Rudy's corporate, is happy so far. Rudy's does pay a portion of the electrical usage (did not realize that) but considering the traffic it drives...no pun intended...they're coming out ahead.

Webster / Clear Lake area - Google Maps and Oklahoma City (not sure which one) are currently in the pipeline.

Asked if the Rudy's in Katy (Mason & I-10) was as well as was told no on account of the location's small parking lot.

• Funny
Reactions: STDRDC13
Drove by today. Hasn’t been much if any activity is a couple of weeks.
Yeah, this is not the same GC as the other 2 Rudy's projects...I talked to the forman/superintendent running the job and I could tell he was struggling with the project and the subs available. He also stated the charging pedestals were not a part of the equipment order and they won't be arriving until late June the earliest. I've seen no notable movement at the site in 4 wks.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Yeah, this is not the same GC as the other 2 Rudy's projects...I talked to the forman/superintendent running the job and I could tell he was struggling with the project and the subs available. He also stated the charging pedestals were not a part of the equipment order and they won't be arriving until late June the earliest. I've seen no notable movement at the site in 4 wks.
Yeah, it sounds like the pedestals are on back order and there are bunch of sites around the US and Canada that are waiting for them to show up some time in mid-/late-June.

Design update?
I think just normal supply issues are the more likely culprit. Maybe Tesla tried to save a bit of money by reducing their standing inventory and some projects made it through permitting and went into construction a bit sooner than they had planned or their supplier is a little late in delivering and they ran out of inventory of the right type, etc. No real way to know, but not likely significant either way. It doesn't look like Tesla is delaying construction starts over the issue, so assuming their supply gets worked out the actual impact will be pretty minuscule.

Reactions: SammichLover
You're in luck, drove by this morning to check on progress.... Half a dozen guys working on it! Didn't get out of my car to ask expected completion date as it just started raining.

Attachments

• 20190615_101706.jpg
    20190615_101706.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 131