TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Webster, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by ℬête Noire, Oct 16, 2018.

1. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

I prefer this design, but I do occasionally have trouble with it -- not in pulling in, but in backing out. If there is no car next to me, for some reason I tend to want to start turning and almost hit the stanchion to the right that I don't really see. Just have to be conscious of pulling straight back.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. SammichLover

SammichLover Active Member

LOL

Backing in gives better sight lines, AKA safer, leaving. This is part of why I back in basically everywhere I park. It’s even better when other vehicle beside me do (especially when they have heavy window tint).

Those posts out front create pinch points, too. They make the stalls artificially narrower.

PS I’m sure ICEing happens, but nearing 30K in miles in Ive yet to see it once at a SC.

3. SammichLover

Exactly this. It front loads easy [sorta, but not really] & makes it harder getting out.

Plus I’m freaking Batman leaving the Batcave. Every time. :)

4. houstonian

houstonian ಠ_ಠ

That would be me :)

• Funny x 1
  5. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Drove by today. Hasn’t been much if any activity is a couple of weeks.

6. STDRDC13

STDRDC13 Member

Yeah, this is not the same GC as the other 2 Rudy's projects...I talked to the forman/superintendent running the job and I could tell he was struggling with the project and the subs available. He also stated the charging pedestals were not a part of the equipment order and they won't be arriving until late June the earliest. I've seen no notable movement at the site in 4 wks.

• Informative x 1
  7. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Yeah, it sounds like the pedestals are on back order and there are bunch of sites around the US and Canada that are waiting for them to show up some time in mid-/late-June.

8. SammichLover

Design update?

9. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

I think just normal supply issues are the more likely culprit. Maybe Tesla tried to save a bit of money by reducing their standing inventory and some projects made it through permitting and went into construction a bit sooner than they had planned or their supplier is a little late in delivering and they ran out of inventory of the right type, etc. No real way to know, but not likely significant either way. It doesn't look like Tesla is delaying construction starts over the issue, so assuming their supply gets worked out the actual impact will be pretty minuscule.

• Like x 1
  10. Watts 4 Me

Watts 4 Me Member

Maybe they come from China and with the new tariff's they can't buy as many as before?

11. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Drove by today, some construction work with the conduit. Didn’t have a chance to take any pics, but it was good to see some activity finally.

12. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in Lake Charles LA)
    Any update on this?

13. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

I’m out of town this weekend but will check it early in the week. Early last week they had a lot of the conduit run but that’s about it.

14. drsnooker

drsnooker Member

You're in luck, drove by this morning to check on progress.... Half a dozen guys working on it! Didn't get out of my car to ask expected completion date as it just started raining.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  15. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

:)

That's good...because none of them ever want you to ask that question anyway...and likely they don't know either. I mean, they might know when their part is done, but not when the site will open....and those two dates can be significantly different.

• Like x 2
  16. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in Lake Charles LA)
    Drove by this morning. Raining and no activity however, here's a few pictures to view.

20190616_115112.jpg 20190616_115123.jpg 20190616_115222.jpg 20190616_115250.jpg 20190616_115306.jpg 20190616_115401.jpg

Must be a bad side of town though. The wheels are already missing on that white trailer.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  17. Watts 4 Me

Watts 4 Me Member

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  18. electricglider

Yeah I've also seen where they hang entire shipping crates from a tall crane to prevent theft.

• Like x 1
  19. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Oh, I thought that was to stop the bears from getting into it.

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  20. FoxSTL2HOU

FoxSTL2HOU Member

Lunch at Rudy's today - work ongoing on the transformers in the corner of the lot (I saw two contractors).

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1