Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Webster, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The contractor used the incorrect wire for the main feeder line.
Weird because the utility company is responsible for the main feeders from the overhead to the transformer as that's the utility co owned components. The contractor is responsible for the conduit in which those feeders are ran...I've had CenterPoint make us replace conduit when the incorrect schedule was installed...if it was indeed the wire size, that's only a 4hr delay...I'd like to see the wording of the deficiency.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Weird because the utility company is responsible for the main feeders from the overhead to the transformer as that's the utility co owned components. The contractor is responsible for the conduit in which those feeders are ran...I've had CenterPoint make us replace conduit when the incorrect schedule was installed...if it was indeed the wire size, that's only a 4hr delay...I'd like to see the wording of the deficiency.
The wire from the transformer was aluminum and not copper.

The wire from the transformer was aluminum and not copper.
Aluminum feeders are commonly used as they are less desirable to wire thieves...you only have to use a larger gauge wire. I've no seen any evidence primary feeders were ever installed. The vertical conduits up the pole are not installed. Again, the wording of the "red tag" would be help for us to better understand the delay.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
Primary feeders have been installed.

No fuses or meter.

And someone didn't approve of the sign placement...?

Attachments

• 20190808_103849.jpg
    20190808_103849.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190808_103957.jpg
    20190808_103957.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190808_104129.jpg
    20190808_104129.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 88
Primary feeders have been installed.

No fuses or meter.

And someone didn't approve of the sign placement...?
I know *I* don't approve of placing the signs right against the curb. Makes it difficult when backing in using a cargo carrier or bike rack. With the cargo carrier on, I just back up until I hit them.:oops:

Not a problem at this site, with the three stalls with the pedestals on the side of the stall...

I know *I* don't approve of placing the signs right against the curb. Makes it difficult when backing in using a cargo carrier or bike rack. With the cargo carrier on, I just back up until I hit them.:oops:

Not a problem at this site, with the three stalls with the pedestals on the side of the stall...
Yep...the GC subcontractor said they were moving each sign 3' behind back of curb.

The electrical contractor needs to change all of the AC distribution wire from aluminum to copper. Webster code as well as the plans submitted for permit specifies this.
So I'm guessing that's from the transformer to the switchgear and then from switchgear to charger cabinets...wow. Wondering if sub will be added to the preferred vendor list...haha.

Should have used the GC from the other 2 Rudy's SC installs.

Reactions: byeLT4 and CivEngPe