Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Webster, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunday Aug 25th 5pm. No changes really.... No fuses installed, and most of the screws are not in yet...
20190825_172144.jpg
20190825_172009.jpg

This isn’t on hold waiting for “City resources”. The contractor is still not complete with his work. The AC conductors need to be changed from aluminum to copper and the external main disconnect has not been installed.
Pale_Rider didn't say that the city was the hold up, just that there will still need to be further involvement/resources before the site can open. I.e. it'll need to be reinspected to confirm compliance once the contractor fixes their boo-boo. Which means even if the contractor finished before the weekend (highly unlikely if they haven't started yet), it would still be after the holiday before they could get sign-offs.

Pale_Rider didn't say that the city was the hold up, just that there will still need to be further involvement/resources before the site can open. I.e. it'll need to be reinspected to confirm compliance once the contractor fixes their boo-boo. Which means even if the contractor finished before the weekend (highly unlikely if they haven't started yet), it would still be after the holiday before they could get sign-offs.
Gotcha! I didn’t intend for the tone to come off negatively.

The contractor has yet to begin these corrections as of today, so I highly doubt he will have it completed by tomorrow.

I am looking forward to this thing opening up as much as everyone else!!!

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Gotcha! I didn’t intend for the tone to come off negatively.

The contractor has yet to begin these corrections as of today, so I highly doubt he will have it completed by tomorrow.

I am looking forward to this thing opening up as much as everyone else!!!

Well dang...post #159 has a photo of wires being pulled, figured that was the aluminum being replaced with copper.

Either way...sparky was onsite today installing a Knox box (key lockbox which local FDs request for locked doors and the like so they can easily gain access)

Attachments

• 20190830_105411.jpg
    20190830_105411.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 46
The electric meter has been released by the City to CenterPoint. There is a slight hiccup with the address as Tesla used the same address as Rudy's on their paperwork to CenterPoint. Once they get that straight (put an "-a" after the number) the meter should be set in 48hrs or so. After this, if all goes well, the final inspection will happen.

It's just around the corner now!

The electric meter has been released by the City to CenterPoint. There is a slight hiccup with the address as Tesla used the same address as Rudy's on their paperwork to CenterPoint. Once they get that straight (put an "-a" after the number) the meter should be set in 48hrs or so. After this, if all goes well, the final inspection will happen.

It's just around the corner now!
I’m heading back from Intercontinental on Saturday. Should get there with about 50% charge. It would be nice to finally give this SC a go and see what the charging rate is.

I’m heading back from Intercontinental on Saturday. Should get there with about 50% charge. It would be nice to finally give this SC a go and see what the charging rate is.
I wouldn't put high odds on Paperwork + Meter + Commissioning by then. Unless the parties are standing by in kinda-high readiness just awaiting the "-a ink being applied to paper..."