Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wendouree (Ballarat) VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed Aventus asking if they were planning on an opening event and offered to have my Tesla there for it, they got back to me:

tcqXDho.png

Once I have the details I'll post them here so everyone can attend - would be cool to have a battery of Teslas in town :)

Last edited:
More photos: https://goo.gl/photos/mRy6EnTtEUUNYhWF7

They are positioned right on the entrance to the car park outside Super Cheap Auto. The land is owned by Aventus Property and not Stockland which explains why Stockland management not knowing any details. I'll leave it to @Chuq to update supercharge.info :)

I understand Supercheap auto are very pleased with the installation being so close to their shop, apparently to celebrate the opening Supercheap are offering 10% off all engine oil and filter packs for Tesla's

I am staggered that the Ballarat Supercharger has got to that stage of development before being 'spotted'. I wonder where else they might be developing, and yet to be seen?
The crazy thing is while I was taking photos a friend of mine who I have taken for a spin in my Tesla and is now having serious discussions with his partner about if they can afford one (sorry not sorry ;)) walked past. Turns out his office moved out near the location recently and he walks by the site every day for lunch and he hadn't spotted the Tesla logos on the boxes and just thought they were part of an upgrade for a new trendy coffee shop that is being advertised out the front :)

I emailed Aventus asking if they were planning on an opening event and offered to have my Tesla there for it, they got back to me:

tcqXDho.png

Once I have the details I'll post them here so everyone can attend - would be cool to have a battery of Teslas in town :)

Great work @srwx ! I was at Stockland today and had a quick spin around the car park and saw nothing, didn't occur to me to look across the road! I went home today thinking they were a while off, this is great news they're so far along. Will attend the opening for sure!

I understand Supercheap auto are very pleased with the installation being so close to their shop, apparently to celebrate the opening Supercheap are offering 10% off all engine oil and filter packs for Tesla's
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to stock up.
Might grab some fan belts, timing chain, radiator coolant, transmission fluid and a new muffler while I'm at it...

"I understand Supercheap auto are very pleased with the installation being so close to their shop, apparently to celebrate the opening Supercheap are offering 10% off all engine oil and filter packs for Tesla's"

You don't work at Super Cheap Auto because you're a rocket scientist :rolleyes: They need to be sent this link:

Reactions: Blue heaven
I think it's more like efficiency of labour. They've got a team together and are doing all the work at once rather than doing one supercharger every couple of months.

The downside of this approach is that once this wave of SC's is finished, it could be 12 months until the next wave.

Possibly a US team involved in part of the SC installation.

Electrician said today should be the last bit of wiring and all that remains is for PowerCor to hook up the station to the high voltage mains. He thinks they may have to power down the entire centre to do that work so unless they can do it one night I'd say the centre might want to wait until after the Xmas/New Years shopping period :)

https://goo.gl/photos/RrwztpPS6CBdP6dx7