Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wendouree (Ballarat) VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just hoping to attend the opening. Oh well .....
Tesla did ribbon cuttings in the early days. In recent times, opening ceremonies such as they are get arranged by owners who organize (often by way of TMC) and pick a day and a time to show up and celebrate. Sometimes the organization that is hosting the supercharger gets involved in some way.

So if you want something to happen, organize it!

Tesla did ribbon cuttings in the early days. In recent times, opening ceremonies such as they are get arranged by owners who organize (often by way of TMC) and pick a day and a time to show up and celebrate. Sometimes the organization that is hosting the supercharger gets involved in some way.

So if you want something to happen, organize it!
I was originally going by this post ...
Maybe the event is close ... here's hoping .....

I emailed Aventus asking if they were planning on an opening event and offered to have my Tesla there for it, they got back to me:

tcqXDho.png

Once I have the details I'll post them here so everyone can attend - would be cool to have a battery of Teslas in town :)

Reactions: bradjc
I drove past today around 16:00 and it's still fenced up and not open (stalls aren't lit up). I'm still working on that last update that I got that Aventus want some press around the opening and will contact me once they have a confirmed date. It's possible that Tesla aren't going to feed a 'go live' date to Aventus in advance and what might happen is the site will go live with no fanfare and after that there'll be a time when Aventus would like a few cars there for an opening event which may or may not coincide with a TMC/TOC event. My guess is Aventus will probably pick a work day during work hours which might not be super great timing for a lot of people.

I drove past today around 16:00 and it's still fenced up and not open (stalls aren't lit up). I'm still working on that last update that I got that Aventus want some press around the opening and will contact me once they have a confirmed date. It's possible that Tesla aren't going to feed a 'go live' date to Aventus in advance and what might happen is the site will go live with no fanfare and after that there'll be a time when Aventus would like a few cars there for an opening event which may or may not coincide with a TMC/TOC event. My guess is Aventus will probably pick a work day during work hours which might not be super great timing for a lot of people.

Very thankful that you are checking so regularly Scott and keeping us all posted, much appreciated!!

Reactions: bradjc
I think that is based on the picture earlier in this thread of someone claiming to be the "first charging in Ballarat" but if you look closer they weren't (the stall isn't lit up and the cable isn't in the car). Apparently Tesla were on site doing some testing and I guess a member from here happened to catch them while the fence was open and used the opportunity to pose for a photo ;) or perhaps someone took it upon themselves to open the fence and take the picture, they aren't locked :) the site wasn't open as of Saturday 4pm and my next check will be this arvo.

Reactions: Novatec
I think that is based on the picture earlier in this thread of someone claiming to be the "first charging in Ballarat" but if you look closer they weren't (the stall isn't lit up and the cable isn't in the car). Apparently Tesla were on site doing some testing and I guess a member from here happened to catch them while the fence was open and used the opportunity to pose for a photo ;) or perhaps someone took it upon themselves to open the fence and take the picture, they aren't locked :) the site wasn't open as of Saturday 4pm and my next check will be this arvo.

You're doing some great reporting here @srwx ! Much appreciated indeed!

Reactions: Chuq