Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wendouree (Ballarat) VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone trying to make a point? Luckily they left me a spot. o_O
IMG_7537.JPG

Only one pair has been done so far

View attachment 423733
Great news but can’t imagine how much time, money and resources this must be costing them going back and forth at the different sites to upgrade stalls 1-2 at a time.

This is a classic example of how they really need to reign in inefficiencies.

Would have been better to delay it at each site by a couple of weeks and just do it all in one hit at each site.

Maybe this is to get the coverage out and tested as quickly as possible for the M3 owners and not having to fit into Powercor (et. al.) schedules on grid connection upgrades? I can't imagine a lot of the sites have surplus electric capacity to go from 3*150kW to 6*250kW as quickly as Tesla can upgrade the chargers...

Maybe this is to get the coverage out and tested as quickly as possible for the M3 owners and not having to fit into Powercor (et. al.) schedules on grid connection upgrades? I can't imagine a lot of the sites have surplus electric capacity to go from 3*150kW to 6*250kW as quickly as Tesla can upgrade the chargers...

Just because it has CCS2 doesn’t mean it’s a 250kW charger. It’s just so that the M3 can charge there.

The CCS2 conversion is just an alternate cable to allow different types of cars to charge at each stall (MS / MX on the original cable, M3 on the new CCS2 cable). There is no change to the number of simultaneous vehicles supported or the aggregate charging power. It does not allow non-Tesla vehicles to use the CCS2 connector either.