Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Chester Township, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by. Covers are off and two maintenance vehicles were there actively working.
PXL_20230328_155650770.jpg

Wow, that took way longer that expected but good for them. 75 looks pretty stacked now. Just need to get that one off 75 outside of Toledo and I think we will be good to go.

Hmm. So you're saying there's a hole in the network near Toledo? ;)

Good sign that 2 Ohio Superchargers have opened recently after a long period with them sitting.

But actually I-75 really isn't stacked. This Supercharger still leaves 102.6 miles from West Chester Township, OH to Lima, OH. Dayton, OH is 11 miles/16 minutes diversion, and Beavercreek, OH more.

Piqua, OH would be about a 60-40 split. It's at the intersection of I-75/US-36.

The struggling Piqua Center, Piqua, OH would be a 60.4 mile + 44.3 mile split and I'm sure they'd love any custom they could get. But that doesn't look good for amenities as people would have to cross an apparently crosswalkless road to get food.

There's also the Miami Valley Crossing there which has a Home Depot and a Walmart. Tesla could follow their pattern of putting Superchargers not-quite-at-Walmart.
60.2 miles + 44.2 miles

Alternatively there's Wapakoneta, OH that's on I-75/US-33 about 15 miles from old v2 Lima, OH. There's a bunch of gas stations and fast food at one of its exits.
Not as good a split, but would relieve Lima, OH.

Good sign that 2 Ohio Superchargers have opened recently after a long period with them sitting.

But actually I-75 really isn't stacked. This Supercharger still leaves 102.6 miles from West Chester Township, OH to Lima, OH. Dayton, OH is 11 miles/16 minutes diversion, and Beavercreek, OH more.

The struggling Piqua Center, Piqua, OH would be a 60.4 mile + 44.3 mile split and I'm sure they'd love any custom they could get. But that doesn't look good for amenities as people would have to cross an apparently crosswalkless road to get food.

There's also the Miami Valley Crossing there which has a Home Depot and a Walmart. Tesla could follow their pattern of putting Superchargers not-quite-at-Walmart.
60.2 miles + 44.2 miles

Alternatively there's Wapakoneta, OH that's on I-75/US-33 about 15 miles from old v2 Lima, OH. There's a bunch of gas stations and fast food at one of its exits.
I actually went to Troy and am very familiar with Piqua and completely agree. As I’ve stated before Tesla really ignored a critical, heavily traveled stretch of i75 for YEARS. That stop in Piqua would make tremendous sense, so don’t count on it 😜. You can’t even count the supercharger in “Dayton” because it’s in Englewood and is a 10 mile detour round trip off of i75. Speaking of Troy, there is a Meijer about 1 mile from I-75 that would be the perfect location. Hopefully Tesla is working on this location opening soon.

60.2 miles + 44.2 miles

Seeing that Maumee is WAAAAYYY off the route and the one North is a V2, Rossford on 75 ( and which is close to the turnpike) is needed. I've only traveled once that way on 75 and I thought it was pretty good but I only go that way literally once a year (daughter is in Toledo and we go to Columbus or KY to get away).

How was the charging speed for you? It was very slow for me but my battery was on the colder side and I was at 60% already
It was slow for me too. 40kW. But that was likely on account of cold battery and couldn't precondition on the way there due to it not being in the NAV yet. As of yesterday, this one and Fairfield were in the app but you couldn't navigate there due to the car not accepting it. At least for me, that is.

Reactions: tesluv108
On Thursday When I went to the “superchargers” tab on the navigation section on my touchscreen, Westchester popped up as one of my options. I was able to navigate there and it immediately started preconditioning my battery. I arrived with a little less than 40% battery, and I hit over 130 kWh when I charged. I think I got charged for the session, eventually. From my experience, everything looks to be working just fine there!

Planning a trip to Cincinnati and it's good to see this appears to be operational. Good location. However, my Model Y does not show it as operational. Can this be updated to show the current status?

Nevermind. I misinterpreted what it was telling me. Apparently, stall 3A is out of order and 11 stalls working. Good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezla041