Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Covina, CA (LIVE 31 Oct 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
West Covina Supercharger in construction and actually almost done (16 V3 stalls). Nice location and much needed to cover I-10 gap.

Permit/info provided by Marco and pictures provided by user: AL Set on Twitter.

Attachments

• WC1.jpg
    WC1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 616
  • WC2.jpg
    WC2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 283
  • WC3.jpg
    WC3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 275
Was hoping the WC supercharger would be in the Eastland Center. Tesla was negotiating with the city a few years back for a spot over on that side but nothing ever came of it.

McIntyre has a lot of amenities but the parking lot is very crowded most of the day. I would worry about ICEing but I'm pretty sure this location is going to be slammed at all hours of the day like the San Gabriel one. Not sure there are going to be many opportunities for ICEing. Would have been nice to see more than 16 but anything is better than nothing.

85C Bakery is the anchor of this shopping center but there are also plenty of really good smaller businesses. (Check out Thumbling on the south side of the center if you like dumplings)

Went by this weekend to check it out. Seems like it construction is almost complete. The transformer is another story. A nice addition I saw was that they added bollards in front of the superchargers. The lane might be a little tight for people backing in so these will hopefully prevent accidents.

Looks like they are adding a Dave's Hot Chicken on the opposite side of the shopping center so another food option for charging.

IMG_1085.jpeg
IMG_1084.jpeg

Went by a few days ago and not much has changed minus the addition of some Tesla signs installed in the bollards. Oddly enough most of the parking lot seems to be getting resurfaced on the other side of the lot. Maybe they are doing the entire thing and just working their way over to the Tesla side.

Trenches were still open when I was there last.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG and MrFusion4
250, is Tesla still making 150 chargers in the US?

Was hoping the WC supercharger would be in the Eastland Center. Tesla was negotiating with the city a few years back for a spot over on that side but nothing ever came of it.

McIntyre has a lot of amenities but the parking lot is very crowded most of the day. I would worry about ICEing but I'm pretty sure this location is going to be slammed at all hours of the day like the San Gabriel one. Not sure there are going to be many opportunities for ICEing. Would have been nice to see more than 16 but anything is better than nothing.

85C Bakery is the anchor of this shopping center but there are also plenty of really good smaller businesses. (Check out Thumbling on the south side of the center if you like dumplings)
Thumbing already crazy busy should get worse once superchargers get online.

Does anyone know when they will be functional? They’re just sitting there looking wide open but there’s no power still.
Could be 2 weeks, could be 3 months. Until the utility provides power to the site along with some vital equipment (transformer), we will be waiting lol. See my post #15 above: the first picture has an empty concrete pad with board and orange cone sitting on top - this is the location for the transformer. Once that equipment is in place, then the site could be energized shortly thereafter.